Missing pontoon boat. Please keep eyes open. (Nf)

Just got a call from my dad up at the cottage. (Head Lake on 35 just outside of Norland). The pontoon boat is gone and the dock that it was chained to is gone as well. I'm hopeful that the high water caused the pontoon boat to pull the dock out of the water and its floating somewhere on the lake, my dad things someone couldn't remove the chain and lock and removed the whole thing.

If anyone has been in the area or sees posts of people trying to sell a pontoon boat. White cream interior seats. Maroon painting on the outside. The words 'Liese' in gold trim on the front.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

My co worker will be up this weekend Jer. He has one as well. The water is way up, so possible that the whole unit is together floating about. I,ll pass it on to him. He,s a super nice guy. Will probly do a tour to have a look around.

Edited by Misfish

I hope it's just out floating jer and it's recovered.

Best wishes man

We get the same around here on the river every other year or so with high water, docks and boats floating all over. Even found staircases and picnic tables a few years back

Edited by manitoubass2

Man that sucks. Hope they still find it. Check Rush Lake...maybe it made it all the way over there. The water flows that way doesn't it? Or does it flow up from Rush?

Unless the water was flowing over the road Rog, I dought it.

Thanks everyone.

Dad thinks someone stole the pontoon boat and the docks. I honestly think they are somewhere at the bottom of the lake.

Called the insurance company on the docks. $1000 deductible. Bunch of crooks.

That would be a lot of work Jer. There is only one spot to load it up and that would be a lot of work. Then again, if they want it that bad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hope it turns up and they are wrong.

Can't believe this story , well actually I can . What the hell is this world coming too . Can't get pontoon boat off dock so what the hell , lets steal the dock and the boat :wallbash:

Hope it has just gone a drift on you guys and you get it back soon . I would imagine it wouldn't be an easy task to steal a pontoon boat , good luck !

After a big storm on Nipissing we came across someones boat that broke free.

I noticed it from about a mile or so away. It was a 20'+ enclosed boat like a Bayliner and just the nose was poking above the surface.

I guess there was an air pocket keeping it afloat.

Something similar could have happened here with the ultra high water.

Man that sucks. Hope they still find it. Check Rush Lake...maybe it made it all the way over there. The water flows that way doesn't it? Or does it flow up from Rush?

Rush only has the one culvert connecting it to head lake. Now, the head river on the other hand...... though I'm not sure it would get under the bridge. I get the feeling the dock could have rubbed a hole in one of the pontoons, or one of the many rock croppings or islands.

What's the brand of boat and motor? and hp of the motor? I'm guessing it's a Sunchaser/ Suzuki

Was it a nice dock that's worthy of being stolen?

Theft is out of control up there but the cops are too busy trying to nail the good people for petty crap.

Stealing a pontoon boat is hard enough to believe, but taking the dock too !

There must be another explanation.

Even if the pontoon boat was stolen, I doubt the thieves would chance sticking around long enough to take 2 sections of dock as well.

....and where did they put all those large, heavy items ? Did they show up with a flatbed trailer and fork lift ?

If it sank, it could be anywhere as the wind and waves would push it around until it disappears below the surface, but the docks ???

Might spot it from above on a sunny day (plane or drone).

Hey Moxie, if this is happening often in the area, likely the same thieves. They would need proper equipment to steal pontoon boat and docks.

Might be worth the money to install cameras or at the very least, a well hidden trail camera or two.

Edited by Carp

Thanks for the help and advice everyone. Thanks Chris for having a look.

I'm hopeful we will be able to at least figure out what happened sometime in the future.

Docks didn't float. They were aluminum with planks that could be lifted out of the middle. Seems like a lot of work, but the lake is also very shallow (15 feet max) I feel like there would have been signs if it sunk. I honestly don't know what to think. Family has written it off. Already talking to the insurance company. Looks like I'll be trying to buy a trail cam cheap or other methods of anti-theft.