New truck!!!

Beauty! Congrats! I've been mulling over getting one myself... Just finished my last block of school and once I write/pass my C of Q I get a 20% raise, those Sierra elevation editions have caught my eye

Well at least now I know you have good taste in both women and trucks. I drive a 2011 silver grey Chevy Silverado, crew cab, with the chrome package including running boards. First "new" vehicle I ever bought for myself. Actually it was a gift from Tich. Based on the chrome wheels it is close to if not a 011'. Welcome to the F-150 and Ram killers club Richard. I can't give you any advise on what can go wrong because I haven't had to do anything outside normal service every 12000 KMS. Tires, brakes are all normal wear and tear. Changed front pads last week at 110,000 KMS and put new tires on, Cooper Discovery. The Discovery's are more aggressive than the all seasons that came with it new. The only thing hat happened within he first 10,000K was rear brake adjustment and a slight leak in the rear gear case. Don't forget to run her in 4X4 high once and a while as well as low for a few hundred meters.

Congrats on buying a real truck.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Gteat choice MB2. I made a purchase myself last week. You will be happy with it

524A8149-2310-4CAF-8FE9-D7FF622F1469.jpg

711C1F5E-8385-4486-BA49-34D52E89FF0A.jpg

Ready for the season. Now if the water levels in Ottawa would just go down a bit we will be all good to go!

Edited by BassMan11

Rich a Ford, why oh why, the humanity.

I haven't seen those chromed slot wheels on any Chev after 2012. Interesting. Looking closer yes she is similar but has the rear bumper step up that I really need, actually I need a ladder now to get in the box. I'm really surprised a northern boy like you has never had a pick up. Living on the 36th floor in a downtown apt in 76' I had a pick up.

Nice ride Bassman. My last truck was a 89' Sierra, she went away with 600,000 K's on her. GM gave me 3500 bananas on a GM loyalty trade in. And other than all the body metal gone it ran like new, the frame was solid still.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Rich a Ford, why oh why, the humanity.

I haven't seen those chromed slot wheels on any Chev after 2012. Interesting. Looking closer yes she is similar but has the rear bumper step up that I really need, actually I need a ladder now to get in the box. I'm really surprised a northern boy like you has never had a pick up. Living on the 36th floor in a downtown apt in 76' I had a pick up.

Nice ride Bassman. My last truck was a 89' Sierra, she went away with 600,000 K's on her. GM gave me 3500 bananas on a GM loyalty trade in. And other than all the body metal gone it ran like new, the frame was solid still.

All of our work trucks have this sort of ladder on them, they're awesome! The post on the left is to grab and pull yourself up if you need to lol

f150-step-2.jpg

All of our work trucks have this sort of ladder on them, they're awesome! The post on the left is to grab and pull yourself up if you need to lol

f150-step-2.jpg

In a work truck that lil device is worth its weight in gold.

I like all trucks. They all have upsides/downsides

Ideally I was going to buy a tundra, just couldn't find the right deal. $65,000 is alot of mula.

But im more than happy with this purchase, as is the wife. We REALLY needed a second vehicle

Beautiful truck Rick! Gonna just throw the herd of kids in the back under a cargo net??? Nice! Can't hear them on the long drives, no worry about spilling juice boxes and all you have to do is hammer the brakes to get their attention!! That's some solid family planning! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

PS That's the exact truck I'd buy. I have the same model and colour in a 2012 and haven't had a single issue. :clapping: