Jordan harbour question

Locnar

Hey guys, a couple buddies and i are looking to get out for channel cats... do you know if there is a boat launch on jordan harbour? Or if there is any other spot either down that we could launch at and fish for kitties?

Or is there is a boat launch on Percy reach? I hear there may be some kitties out there as well?

Any help is much appreciated,

Cheers

Edited by Locnar

The lower Grand is your best chance for Cats, and some big Kitties too. If you see my Blue on White StarCraft say hi. Go out of Fishmasters and get some of his stinky bait. Along with some uncooked shrimp. Use circle hooks and a heavy slip weight of at least 3/4 oz. Put a bead where the wt. hits the swivel. We've caught them trolling worm harnesses and a worm this time of year too. I wouldn't bother with Jordan. Good eaters too this time of year.

So Jordan is not a great spot eh? Too many bullheads to weed through? Dunnville is a bit of a hike for us, I'll see what buddy thinks of it. I got some cut sucker, do you think that'll work well on the Grand? Does he charge much to use the launch? I'll let you know Old Ironmaker if we decide on the hitting the Grand. None of us have ever fished for channel cats, so it'll be interesting trying to figure it all out.

Thanks again guys.

The free launch is good as long as there isn't a south wind, it can bang around your boat real good. Fishmaster's launch was 5 bucks last year. Cut sucker is what they sell there at Fishmaster's. Like I said uncooked shrimp works some days suckers don't. It isn't complicated fishing. Find a hole, toss in the line and wait. Go to You tube and watch Charlie Wray's video fishing there on the Grand. He has made a few shows with the Fishmaster, Steve Hardcastle. I'm positive you will find the video. Fishfull Thinking is Charlie's TV show.

From Whitby to Dunnville is not really much further than to Jordan. QEW to Red Hill Valley Parkway South, 56 HWY south to HWY 3 east to Dunnville. The short cut is to go through Caisterville.

Here I found it for you.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Jordan is a great spot as well as the Grand, I would try the harbor if that is closer for you, you don't need a boat there are some shore spots to fish, one spot would be at Bailys bridge and walk north towards the harbor with it gets a bit wider, pulled many cats up to 20lbs out of there..

Jordan is a great spot as well as the Grand, I would try the harbor if that is closer for you, you don't need a boat there are some shore spots to fish, one spot would be at Bailys bridge and walk north towards the harbor with it gets a bit wider, pulled many cats up to 20lbs out of there..

Private property