Ipilot add on with no foot peddle?

Shloim

Hi folks, was thinking of adding IPilot to my Powerdrive V2 and noticed that I lose my foot peddle?.... But I don't wanna lose my foot peddle..... There is apparently a cordless foot peddle is there not? Thoughts on this as remote only control is not gonna fly!

That's the problem with adding iPilot to the Powerdrive units. It sucks that you lose the pedal control.

Sucks bad. I'd put it on mine in a heartbeat if could still use the foot pedal. I can't stand the hand controlled remote.

S.

Just take a while to get used to it. I like mine. Gives you control from anywhere in the boat, even from shore :))

I'm with ^^^^^^^

Way easier with the remote, remember, with the gps autopilot ( if your unit was not auto pilot before) you hardly have to make any adjustments as the motor holds you on a heading, unlike motors without that which if left alone will steer you in a circle, I set my heading and every now and again press left or right, I use the spot lock more often than I do steering, hell you can even set the speed you want with cruise control and it compensates for wind and current on the go....and I can move around the boat at will without worrying about where i'm going, just concentrate on my FISHING...foot pedal?????.......MEH!

Well I'm still just as confused. Except now I guess I can start getting my head around it. The pros outweigh the cons on this one I think.... plus a buddy in the biz just just told me I can hook a unit up and try it out for a couple weeks as long as I can return it perfectly packaged.Hard to say no there....

I put the Autopilot on a Powerdrive V2 a few years ago and never ever missed the footpedal. I've had 2 terrovas since and the footpedals have never been plugged in. You'll find you don't need to adjust hardly at all if you use the Autopilot mode.

so after the ipilot upgrade on the pd v2 units, you can't upgrade to the ipilot foot pedal for it, not a compatible plug in? or we're saying only the old v2 pedal is no longer compatible after the upgrade?

I started out with the terrova, so this is news to me but will pass it along to buddy who is talking about upgrading....imo I need both the foot pedal and the remote, I could never give up the foot pedal entirely, just depends on the style of fishing any given day....days where I'm primarily casting out of the bow, I prefer to use the foot pedal still

I run a motor guide with a hand fob and foot pedal. I have the foot pedal up front to use while I am fishing and anchor lock. The hand fob is for the person in the rear of the boat to use when I am distracted. It works out well I could lose the foot pedal easily and just use 2 fobs.

Art

Unless something has changed in the last couple of years, once you put the i-Pilot or the Co-pilot wireless on the Powerdrive units, you lose the ability to plug in a foot pedal. You can use both on the Terrova's.

Edited by G.mech