What it's all about! Springtime salmon with the kid!

Meegs

Haven't been out alot this year for my usual standards but I've made it out on the open water 4 times over the last 3 weeks. By far my favorite fishing of the year! No ice required for the cooler and the best eating fish going in my mind.. took my youngest boy out and man is he now hooked! I swear.. every night he asks if we can go fishing tomorrow! Love it! Reminds me of myself when I was his age! Here's afew pictures from the past few trips! 20170402_112655.jpgIMG_3455.jpgIMG_3458.jpgIMG_3460.jpgIMG_3462.jpgIMG_20170402_205316_547.jpgIMG_20170405_180236_453.jpgIMG_20170410_161429_238.jpgIMG_20170410_160559_325.jpg20170414_152704.jpgIMG_20170415_162841_389.jpg

Nice springs, whitecaps out of the NE when I took the garbage out this morning though.

All good.. I'll be fishing alot closer to home next time I get out... that 2 hour drive sucks! Doubt I'll be back this year.

NICE GOING!

Love it, ice out can't come soon enough, my kid also gets a thrill being behind the wheel, he stands between my legs and i am glad he is facing the other way because I have an embarrassingly stupid, proud grin all over my face.

Naw, all us parents have that grin so don't feel ashamed ;)

wow great fish and a great story...only negative is the amount of comapny out there. Sometimes I run lines 450 feet back, wouldnt trust it with that many out there

I know a fellow that every year he tries to run a leadcore rod... every year within 2 hours of putting it out it gets run over! It's a zoo on weekends always watching others.

I know a fellow that every year he tries to run a leadcore rod... every year within 2 hours of putting it out it gets run over! It's a zoo on weekends always watching others.

LOL

When you have fished KBAY enough, you get use to it,,,,,,,,,,,,,, KINDA,,,,,,,

I can't believe he even tries. I had guys pass so close to me I swear I could've reached out and shaken hands with them in the sound. Not the place for leadcore! Looks like some good fishin!

Edited by porkpie