Fishmasters Sport Fishing Lake Ontario April 15/17

Fishmaster

What a awesome day for a shake down on the boat after a long winter away in Costa Rica catching marlin and sailfish ...now back to Lake Ontario fishing the Silver Kings ....me friends and family started the morning off Port Weller in 55 fow not seeing any fish thought about doing a move and the wire dipsy fires with a 17 lber turned around and the other dips fires with Shark Spoons ...said ok lets stay here ended the beauty day with 8 for 10 kings a bow laker and a coho ...time to fire the smoker ...Fishmaster

IMG_8829_zps5lfq1v5j.jpg

IMG_8822_zps6syrfktt.jpg

IMG_8814_zpsskf0i75n.jpg

IMG_8815_zpspolkzkbt.jpg

IMG_8821_zpsymnjtbiv.jpg

IMG_8837_zpsusfv8mck.jpg

Also lots of Big Cats being caught Lower Grand River in Dunnville

IMG_8835_zps4pie47n6.jpg

FWIW , years ago when I worked at Long Point Prov. Park, I used to catch big cats all summer right up till fall when I switched to duck hunting down off Hastings Ave. It was surf type casting, wade out to the first bar, maybe 50 to 100 foot and chuck out your raw shrimp or cut bait with a sinker appropriate for the waves and come back put your rod in a holder and wait. Too early now as they are still in the rivers, but if anyone wants to try later, give me a shout. Good sized fish too, a few 20's and about 10 average.

Off topic. Dave there is a war ragging and has been for a few years between the Hastings drive locals, the Ministry of Everything, the local municipality, Perch charter guys and those that lost their cottages in the big storm. They have come to blows outside of City Hall. What a mess. Go to the Simcoe Reformer and Google Hastings/Long Point. Property issues bring out the worst in people.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Off topic. Dave there is a war ragging and has been for a few years between the Hastings drive locals, the Ministry of Everything, the local municipality, Perch charter guys and those that lost their cottages in the big storm. They have come to blows outside of City Hall. What a mess. Go to the Simcoe Reformer and Google Hastings/Long Point. Property issues bring out the worst in people.

Heck , me and the 2 guys I fished with, parked and always had a fire and did a few hotdogs, we were quiet but would often stay till past midnight, we fished where the old Big Creek Channel comes close to the lake near the end of Hastings , we were quiet though and no complaints. I want my Canada back :wallbash: Yeah , I recall seeing the controversy on Stomp's forum a while back, that sucks bigtime if it is all no parking now.