Gas is going way up tonight

ketchenany

Speaking of eggs, over the last year I tend to find the big company eggs taste "fishy", wonder if they're feeding them ground up fish guts. Buy some free runners at the local farmer, now they taste like eggs.

The hens diet has a huge impact on flavor while shell color has nothing to do with taste. But, the mental thing gets some people and they believe one color is better than another for whatever reason. Some won't eat brown or colored eggs because they're "gross", which is downright silly. Winter free range eggs do not taste as good or have a deep yellow yolk like eggs laid during the warmer months because the birds aren't eating all of the organics they find while scratching.

I was selling ours for $4/dozen, until I realized I can get $10/dozen for the same eggs sold as hatching eggs. And no, there is zero difference when eating fertilized vs non fertilized eggs.

Almost time for double yolkers again. Should start seeing them around August or September. :thumbsup_anim:

As for gas prices, it really has me wanting to sell the 10 year old Ram with that thirsty Hemi. The bike really cuts down on gas costs (225 kms for $6-7 worth of gas), but the high prices make gassing up for fishing and hunting trips a bit more painful.

Sorta but not really.

Whats with this summer blend crap...never heard of that before

"they" say it costs more to produce the summer blend than the winter blend. oddly enough, i don't recall seeing a drop in price when "they" switch to winter blend.

"they" say it costs more to produce the summer blend than the winter blend. oddly enough, i don't recall seeing a drop in price when "they" switch to winter blend.

I just never heard of it before. I heard lots about "winter gas" but never summer gas.

Somebody has to show me a reputable source to explain this or I call Bull

I saw a thing on TV last night where a guy was saying summer gas costs more but he had a smirk on his face while he was saying it

edit

ok, I googled it.

Apparently there is a difference but I'm not buying 10 cents a litre right before a long weekend

Edited by Dara

We all need GAS to get to our jobs to make money,

to pay for the following,

gas, income tax, housing, utilites, water, car insurance so we can drive to work

and make money to pay for all these things,house insurance,

cable, internet, phone bill, cell bill, property taxes,

Heaven forbid that your car breaks down, more tax on the labour and parts,

House furnace goes out, more tax on the repairs, or replacement.

Do you own a boat? more tax on that ownership purchase , fuel, insurance, equipment for craft,

Do you own ski-doo? It just goes on and on!!!! we are so screwed with taxes!!!!

Sorry for the rant but it burns my DNA that we are taxed to death, and even then- the get us to to pay...

It's been around 111.6 - 114.6 for the last two weeks around here... Really disappointing if it rises another 6 cents. Any ideas as to why the frig it's going up again? Another installation of carbon taxes??

long weekend with people driving to visit family?