Nipigon single hook rule

floater

you can definitely have the gear on you and not be using it...otherwise bringing pretty much any tackle bag to any national park or any specific lake with lure regs would be in violation. Its almost impossible to enforce that.

Definitely wouldnt want a rod with anything illegal tied on though in the boat.

A treble hook is considered a single hook, mash the barbs down and you're good to go. A good pair of split ring pliers is a must for removing extra hooks on crank baits etc. Make sure you remember what hook goes with which lure when you put them back on!

Don't set aside the body baits. Replace rear treble with a single siwash and remove the front. Doing so really wakes these baits up and troots seem to usually eat from behind.

I never remove my trebles and replace with siwash, especially for brook trout. I usually remove the stock hooks and add Owners (a bit bigger then the original). Pinch the barbs down and you're golden. You definitely want to bring body baits up there.

At the risk of opening a can of worms. If you were limited to a single hook. Where would you have it?

For most situations and lures I'd remove the back hook and leave the front hook, or one of the forward hooks if the where 3. My theory is that if the fish are only nipping at the bait and catching the rear hook only then maybe I need to reconsider lure speed and/or lure type. Obviously the balance of the lure is critical and some would work better than others.