Day off?........GONE FISHIN'!!

limeyangler

Hi all,

Had a day off, plan was crappie in the morning, head back to the house for lunch, pick up the dog and head out again for walleye in the evening, worked great, love it when a plan comes together!

The ice is worse than I thought, drilled a couple holes in the morning and although there is 18"+ it is honeycomb already for the most part, auger went through it like a hot knife through butter, guess its down to the thaw we had earlier in the year and then almost zero snow since without a mother thaw afterwards.

the crappie decided to show up on my spot on Wabigoon really late, oh well, will be hunting them in the boat pretty soon.

The walleye I caught in the evening were at another lake just up the road. I usually quad all the way there from my house across the lakes and skidoo trails but wanted to take Roloff with me so we trailered up there. Landing was toast and had to travel half a click to find ice strong enough to walk out on, drilled a couple holes, same deal as Wabigoon, 18" of honeycomb sketchiness, lol...so I jumped on the quad and pinned it to my spot. Got 4 walleye, one female 3 males, not anywhere near their spawning ground yet, which was a good thing for me as there was no way I was going near the creek!

Here's the video as usual.

love the way you set up the cam to get yourself coming at it from the distance. Not sure where you find the time to put these all together and then upload with dial up? click upload, leave for work and come home as "select your thumbnail" message appears? I was surprised you have grass already?

as far as your fishing opportunities and location, meh, who would want that? a lake at your door? some of the finest fishing in Ontario a quick quad ride away - nah, your welcome to it. :sarcasm:

love the way you set up the cam to get yourself coming at it from the distance. Not sure where you find the time to put these all together and then upload with dial up? click upload, leave for work and come home as "select your thumbnail" message appears? I was surprised you have grass already?

as far as your fishing opportunities and location, meh, who would want that? a lake at your door? some of the finest fishing in Ontario a quick quad ride away - nah, your welcome to it. :sarcasm:

Lol, Rick you just described my tortuous video production process! Very little snow this year and it went from -30 to plus temps overnight a few weeks back. Kevin was making noises about community my up in the winter to ice fish...you guys should make a plan.

Dood it's plus 14 and still 18" of ice on most backlakes

Forecast is plus 19C today.

Lol, Rick you just described my tortuous video production process! Very little snow this year and it went from -30 to plus temps overnight a few weeks back. Kevin was making noises about community my up in the winter to ice fish...you guys should make a plan.

Forecast is plus 19C today.

Yep, same here in emo. Kiddos are already out playing basketball ???