Perch knife

Good evening

I've been looking around for a knife for the sole purpose of cleaning perch

I don't mean a fillet knife...

Anyone that cleans them the way I do ... removes the dorsal... slit belly... remove head... skin.. fillet... you know what I mean

The old boys used to grind down their blades in a machine shop to the point that they looked like a jailhouse shank

The closest thing I can find is a wood carving bench knife pictured below but imagine that blade on a regular size pocket knife handle

Anyone have any suggestion on a small blade knife?

Thanks

D4DDA651-DC01-48D3-8321-B6648F4BF1DC.jpg

How about this blade?

The blade is 3" and the total knife length is 6.5"

Well with this one you can make your own wooden "grip to fit" and use due to the shaft holes to use for screws to the other side.

Any 4" SHARP fillet knife works great on perch and then have your cleaning partner skin them with a 6" sharp fillet blade.

The smaller 4" blade keeps the working end of that knife closer to your wrist and that is where all the control comes from, plus it's move the process along a much better pace.

I have literally cleaned thousands of perch this way . . . .

Some butchers will have old knives they have ground down, to the point they don't use them. Worth a stop into one and ask.

Yep, I buy them from a cutlery shop for a buck apiece. Shortest blade I ever got was around 5", most are 6" or more so they would still need to be ground down further. Plus they have a full size handle which might not be the best for what Mike wants.

Cheers

In my work cutting film many years ago we used surgical knives stainless Stella handle witha #11A surgical blade. urry's art store carries them.

The handle is flat, very comfortable to use. Hold it like a pen.

This would probably work awesome on pannies. Super accurate cuts IM guessing Edited by manitoubass2