Anyone planning on attending the North GTA Tackle Swap on Sunday?

David Chong

So please give me some insite; I have never been to one of these "tackle swaps" (I know, stupid right)! My kind of tackle swap has always been when a friend drops over: Hey is that any good? Here I have a couple of them take some"!

Why would I want to attend? What can I contribute? what is the objective?

I know, I know, old man still learning LOL.

So please give me some insite; I have never been to one of these "tackle swaps" (I know, stupid right)! My kind of tackle swap has always been when a friend drops over: Hey is that any good? Here I have a couple of them take some"!

Why would I want to attend? What can I contribute? what is the objective?

I know, I know, old man still learning LOL.

I haven't been to this particular one before; but tackle swaps originated as a slightly larger versions of what you described.

There is a lot of second hand tackle for sale by individuals. Some of the swaps also have some stores participating as well. If you have more tackle than you need (don't we all); and you want to get rid of some you could set up a table and sell some of your stuff... and use the cash to buy more stuff from other people there :D

Since your dealing with individuals, not tackle stores, expect to pay cash.

I haven't been to this particular one before; but tackle swaps originated as a slightly larger versions of what you described.

There is a lot of second hand tackle for sale by individuals. Some of the swaps also have some stores participating as well. If you have more tackle than you need (don't we all); and you want to get rid of some you could set up a table and sell some of your stuff... and use the cash to buy more stuff from other people there :D

Thanks

My first one was in Bowmanville this year. Found a few items in the actual swap section and really enjoyed the different offerings, some even local, on the retail side. A good way to break the pre-season monotony and kill a few hours. Season has already started for me so this Sunday is reserved for hunting Crappie. Good luck with it.

Edited by moxie

I used to go to a number of them here, that was pretty much the same way they worked here. Most seemed to be held in a VFW or community center hall before the fishing season got into full swing. One mans trash is another mans treasure?

The selection of items could vary widely, hit or miss from year to year.