Anyone have luck with these Rapala lures for Pike/Musky?

PUMP KNOWS

Haven't seen the jointed clackin rap. The sub walk will be tested this year. The gliding rap is great for pike. The gliding rap also caught loads of walleye on a fly-in, but I didn't find a lure that I couldn't catch them on.

The gliding rap is very different from the super shad rap.

If it says Rappala it will catch all manners of Esox species. Number 1 go to lure when in doubt always comes out of a box that says "Rappala". I bet those Subwalks will hammer Small Mouth. I really can't tell the difference between an old Shad Raps and the new Glidin Rap. Now I need to spend more money on tackle I just have to have and sure don't need, thanks Pump! I was looking at the new displays at our Canadian Tire store today, man the prices of Rappala's now, under lock and key like jewelry, no wonder. They all start at $12.99.

The super shad rap acts like a floating crank bait. The gilding rap's action is imparted by the angler and its a slow sink/neutrally buoyant lure. The amount of slack and the twitch rate control the lures erratic action.

Thinking about that fly-in, the main reason I settled on the gliding rap was that while trolling it was the lure that put the least amount of stress on my arm/wrist. I was on the tiller and couldn't switch arms.

Gliding rap is great, but the clown colour subwalk is worth its weight in gold.

Thats my go to pike lure, absolutely love it! I've caught 5-600 on one lure

Don't be surprised to get some wicked bass on it too especially in the fall

Edited by manitoubass2

The Gliden Rap has been discontinued for more than 3 years now. If you can find them, buy em all. Sail just had a bulk order come in from rapala of discontinued lures to blow out. Oshawa got emptied of the Gliden Raps in the first hour of opening.

Sub walks are great for pike and bass, good success the last couple seasons on GBay with them. Like the Glide baits, they require lots of slack to work best and get the cadence right. A length of stiff mono works well, I use 8-12" of 20lbBig Game for bass and 40lb flouro for pike. Same setup with super spooks too, zero line tangles with trebles. Slack line in braid will foul all the time, real PITA!

Glidin raps have a time and place. my fav colour is bluegill. That jointed clackin rap looks like it would be good too fished slow with shakes of the rod to twitch it back erratically. Guess I'm gonna buy one now ! There's a lot of jointed hard swimbaits out there.

The Gliden Rap has been discontinued for more than 3 years now. If you can find them, buy em all. Sail just had a bulk order come in from rapala of discontinued lures to blow out. Oshawa got emptied of the Gliden Raps in the first hour of opening.

Well that stinks, but I guess if it's been that long I'll somehow manage.

Now I might be hesitant to use the ones I have for fear of loosing them.