Have you ever worked for a company that: NF

Big Cliff

My boss is a prince!

-no O.T pay

-no paid vacation

-no benefits

-on call 7 x 24

-no bonus

-always complaining about something... GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!

-Flatulence - copious amounts

-makes me walk his dog three times a day!

And that's just off the top of my head!

HH

**** Self employed btw.

My boss is a prince!

-no O.T pay

-no paid vacation

-no benefits

-on call 7 x 24

-no bonus

-always complaining about something... GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!

-Flatulence - copious amounts

-makes me walk his dog three times a day!

And that's just off the top of my head!

HH

**** Self employed btw.

???

We get a bonus every three months depending on production. Minus points for oil spills and first aid/injury.

Good benefits and company contributes to pension.

Should have gotten into mining early into my career.

Sucks being away from home for two weeks at a time but the two weeks off does make up for it.

well i worked for Bell for 30 years and i received a lot of good stuff. for example each foreman used to get so much per employee in his group when they went accident free for a month, then after 6 months or so the foreman would use the funds to treat his employees. one time we each got a $2 plastic compass. at christmas Bell would spring for a safety calendar for all their employees. I really loved their idea of showing their appreciation of the employees that made them a billion dollars profit each year

sure am glad i left that company when offered a pension after 30 years of service. now i just appreciate my pension cheque each month.

But at least you have a pension. I've worked for companies that offer during work beers, ice cream sundaes, lunches, etc. But when it came to things that actually mean something, like salary increases or even RRSP contributions, management just scoffed. Now I'm somwhere that actually has that stuff. I'd much rather have the company contributing to my retirement than a pilsner at the office. Edited by zenon11

I've had great experiences, now it seems it's my time to pay the piper.

Injured on the job with a serious injury. 4 months I've been off, and I haven't even got a phone call asking how im doing.

maybe that means they care.. Lol.. Letting you recover in peace. My company would be calling you on a regular basis for proof that you can't come back.. Then they make you see the company doctor for a second opinion.. We need a bad bosses/company thread.. Lol

Any good company, would call at least once in awhile to say hey, how's it going?

I missed 4 days with a loss of my voice (very much needed for my job) and got that call last Friday.

I know your story Rick and it sucks.

My story sucks for my job too but there are a few out there that care (from time to time).

I second the "bad boss" thread, lol!!! No HH you were a great boss and friend in that time too so you don't make the list... ;)

You go into work Friday morning to pick up your pay and instead of your regular pay envelope there is just a plain white envelope in your mail slot with your name on it?

I kind of looked at it and went "oh oh" but I was in a hurry and everyone seemed busy so I just took it and left.

I drove down the road and pulled into a parking lot and opened the envelope. I couldn't believe my eyes, there was a beautifully written letter thanking me for my loyalty and dedication to the companies profitability; a totally unexpected $100.00 compensation for attending a meeting that I hadn't expected any compensation for at all; and a very nice unasked for raise in pay!

Way to make a guy proud of the company he works for and want to do even more if he can!

:clapping:

:thumbsup_anim::worthy::good::clapping::clapping::santa::clapping::clapping::good::worthy::thumbsup_anim: