Have you ever worked for a company that: NF

Big Cliff

You go into work Friday morning to pick up your pay and instead of your regular pay envelope there is just a plain white envelope in your mail slot with your name on it?

I kind of looked at it and went "oh oh" but I was in a hurry and everyone seemed busy so I just took it and left.

I drove down the road and pulled into a parking lot and opened the envelope. I couldn't believe my eyes, there was a beautifully written letter thanking me for my loyalty and dedication to the companies profitability; a totally unexpected $100.00 compensation for attending a meeting that I hadn't expected any compensation for at all; and a very nice unasked for raise in pay!

Way to make a guy proud of the company he works for and want to do even more if he can!

:clapping:

You go into work Friday morning to pick up your pay and instead of your regular pay envelope there is just a plain white envelope in your mail slot with your name on it?

I kind of looked at it and went "oh oh" but I was in a hurry and everyone seemed busy so I just took it and left.

I drove down the road and pulled into a parking lot and opened the envelope. I couldn't believe my eyes, there was a beautifully written letter thanking me for my loyalty and dedication to the companies profitability; a totally unexpected $100.00 compensation for attending a meeting that I hadn't expected any compensation for at all; and a very nice unasked for raise in pay!

Way to make a guy proud of the company he works for and want to do even more if he can!

:clapping:

Nice!

I got that often with RRFN. Anywhere from $500 to $1000

And amazingly it always seemed to come at a great time(hockey registration or something like that)

Super awesome when your company realizes your work and dedication!

Congrats cliff!!¡

We have profit sharing. Sometime good,sometimes not. I shouldnt really say not though. I am there to do a job, and get payed for that job. A bonus is nice, but I never ever, count on it.

No doubt!

When I worked for weyehauser we got this. I was laid off due to the sale of the mill I was very surprised with what came in the mail a month or so later.

At that age I didn't even know what profit sharing was lol

Ya, well, that's definitely not the norm. It's more like the CEO driving up in his Porsche and telling the staff the profits are down so they have to have some forced days off and no pay raise this year.

Good for you though. Nice to hear a positive story for once.

Yup, too many times to remember, My second emplyer which I developed a new way of making typefaces used to give me an extra week's pay.

my third employer named and award after me and if you won the award they also gave $50. I won a few times:) and when it was awarded to a "team" I was on everyone's team.

My fourth employer gives, out $200 a month to an employee, won that once.

We also get a 5 10 15 and 20 year service $500 - 2000 and an extra week's vacation.

Good going Cliff you deserve it.

A

I went to work today and my boss brought me out a bonus beer around 4:45 and said I could go home early!! .. if I made supper! :canadian:

Lol. That's common "sometimes"

In the oilfield our last shift day the consultant always shut things down at 10am and we had beers and or rye.

The last day of work at the solar project all we did was take down our work shed. Supervisor put us in for a 14 hour day with travel and we worked for an hour and had beers and pizza

There is indeed good folks in higher positions

Wife has a concussion.. going on a week now, was amazed she brought me my bonus!

Sounds like you have a good gig going on Cliff, happy for you!

Yup.

Wakes up and just wants to get at it and keep moving. Good on ya Cliff.

Nice gesture! And yes I have been fortunate to work for places who throw you some extra $$ for going to meetings on your own time. I always made a point to thank the boss for that, telling them it wasn't necessary but very much appreciated. Those little gestures by employers go a long way

Nice gesture! And yes I have been fortunate to work for places who throw you some extra $$ for going to meetings on your own time. I always made a point to thank the boss for that, telling them it wasn't necessary but very much appreciated. Those little gestures by employers go a long way

We had a mandetory meeting every Wednesday at 8:30 -10 SHARP! NO FAIL! They fed us :)

I figured out it was coasting $492,000 a year in meetings! Time not doing production for 150 and cost of food. . . .

We had one poor fellow coming in from Bellville! Had to get up at 4 am to make it!

At this time I'm in touch with my daughter who just got an award in marketing and has more awards than me !

I started a new career about a year and a half ago. On my last paycheque I noticed I got more money than usual so I looked at my statement closely. Turns out I got an out of cycle raise for the work I've done and I will still get the regular annual merit increase next month. What a nice surprise that was!

Good on you Cliff!!!!

I try and make sure my two employees are recognized for their work. I will always comment on how I feel the job had gone. As in good work on that whatever vehicle or maybe next time we won't do it that way again. LOL

When they need repair parts for their vehicles; I usually pay for the parts and let them use the shop to do the repairs. If there are training courses, I pay for the course and that day's wage. At Xmas they get an extra weeks pay as their bonus.

It must be working, my one tech has been with me for 23 years and the younger guy has been here now for 16 years. They're not family but damn near.

Dan.

well i worked for Bell for 30 years and i received a lot of good stuff. for example each foreman used to get so much per employee in his group when they went accident free for a month, then after 6 months or so the foreman would use the funds to treat his employees. one time we each got a $2 plastic compass. at christmas Bell would spring for a safety calendar for all their employees. I really loved their idea of showing their appreciation of the employees that made them a billion dollars profit each year

sure am glad i left that company when offered a pension after 30 years of service. now i just appreciate my pension cheque each month.

MY wife works for a great guy. He is the president elect of the Canadian Dental Association and is very generous. He is flying the staff of his office to Ottawa for his inauguration and they are staying at the Fairmont.. My company is sadly the opposite. The only thing I am there for is the pay and pension and they want us to take cuts to both..