Sunday stroll

blaque

Neither, i jumped into the mirrorless world (NX500)..... Canon and Nikon at the time were junk as far as mirrorless. Ive heard Canon finally brought a little game with their latest M5 mirrorless they just released but still no 4K.But thats another conversation lol. Im looking at it for down the road possibly. Anyway, ROKINON makes a very nice 12mm 2.0 lens for the NX mount which im looking at............they also make a 10mm which is a little slower @ 2.8 and a 8mm fisheye, which like i said........i dont go for that warped look (even though you can do lens correction in post to get rid of it to some degree)

NX500_zpsmuothgg0.jpeg

I'm pretty sure you can run Canon or Nikon lenses on that with an adapter ring no? If so, the possibilities are endless.

Yep, you absolutely can but with manual focus and aperture obviously . Which is no big deal as you have all day to adjust focus and settings with landscape.....for the most part.

Ive seen some images from that 12mm rokinon and its super sharp and seems wide enuff.........even though its 18mm equivalent on a crop sensor. If you have some canon UWA gems im def. willing to look into the option of adapting them. Theres no sense in sticking solely to NX stuff anyway as the word is that they are exiting the camera business to focus on their celly market. Nice huh

Try a tamron 11-16 F2.8 or a sigma 10-20 F3.5

I'm a nikon shooter and thats 2 lenses I'm looking at in the future :D

ill def. look into them.....the sigma line ive heard alot about, kinda in the same conversations as the Rokinon, and Samyang stuff. Tamron ive heard of a time or two but not as often as the others.

I have rented the Nikon 10-24 and really like it. I haven't compared it to other similar lenses but would suggest it as an option. Hopefully the link works.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/91080279@N05/v9508H

Jon

Might want to fix your link. Lots of wedding pics too. Think it,s a wedding. LOL

Edited by Misfish

That first image on the link is with the 10-24, thats the only one i see but it certainly is a good one.

Ironically B&H put that Rokinon 12mm on sale and i snagged it yesterday......ill play with it and see if its a keeper and if not will send it back and look at other options. Funny thing is i went back on to B&H today and the lens went back up in price. Glad i grabbed it yesterday :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let us know what you think of the samyang/rokinon 12mm. Considering the micro 4/3 version of it (24mm equivalent).

One of the other options for me is the Olympus 12mm prime but it's more than twice the cost of the samyang/rokinon. I figure for the intended purpose (landscape) where you'll be shooting at infinite focus a lot of the time anyway, the lack of auto focus is a very minor inconvenience and not worth 2x the cost.

The trend has certainly been to ultra wide angles for landscapes last few years but it hasn't always been that way. Even a 35mm or nifty 50, whatever equivalent that is in your particular crop sensor will produce stunning shots. The real key, in mu opinion, to a good landscape lense is great sharpness corner to corner even with the aperture wide open.

Edited by Raf

Let us know what you think of the samyang/rokinon 12mm. Considering the micro 4/3 version of it (24mm equivalent).

One of the other options for me is the Olympus 12mm prime but it's more than twice the cost of the samyang/rokinon. I figure for the intended purpose (landscape) where you'll be shooting at infinite focus a lot of the time anyway, the lack of auto focus is a very minor inconvenience and not worth 2x the cost.

The trend has certainly been to ultra wide angles for landscapes last few years but it hasn't always been that way. Even a 35mm or nifty 50, whatever equivalent that is in your particular crop sensor will produce stunning shots. The real key, in mu opinion, to a good landscape lense is great sharpness corner to corner even with the aperture wide open.

I like it alot so far, its super sharp where i asked it to be (shot a bunch wide open to get some nice shallow depth of field) I also dont see the manual focus as a hinderance (until i tried it on a moving scene, my crazy nephews lol) and Using focus peaking is a huge help

I havent really tested it yet at higher F stop trying to get the whole frame in focus yet. So havent really had a chance to "judge the corners" just yet.

Warmer weather is here so i hope to get out and play with that and using infinity focus like you said and trying to get everything in sharp. Its def. got a sweet spot at around F8 from what ive seen in the Youtube reviews

I like it alot so far, its super sharp where i asked it to be (shot a bunch wide open to get some nice shallow depth of field) I also dont see the manual focus as a hinderance (until i tried it on a moving scene, my crazy nephews lol) and Using focus peaking is a huge help

I havent really tested it yet at higher F stop trying to get the whole frame in focus yet. So havent really had a chance to "judge the corners" just yet.

Warmer weather is here so i hope to get out and play with that and using infinity focus like you said and trying to get everything in sharp. Its def. got a sweet spot at around F8 from what ive seen in the Youtube reviews

Post up a bunch I'd love to see them also not sure where your at but I'm thinking of going to the forks of the credit this fall for some pics tripod and ND filter in hand :D

Edited by Rodbender

Post up a bunch I'd love to see them also not sure where your at but I'm thinking of going to the forks of the credit this fall for some pics tripod and ND filter in hand :D

Will do, Im down in Buffalo ......never been up to the credit but i have the Catt in my backyard. Id like to get into Zoar valley soon with my stuff