Flying outposts with indoor plumbing (UPDATED)

bigcreekdad

UPDATE...i found a post I made last year looking for same info. There were numerous recommendations on it (including from Mike Borger), so I think I'm good to go. Thanks to those who replied already.

Been a few years since we were looking for a fly in...alas, my son's schedule just never meshed ( US Army Special Forces). He's now out and we are looking at an August trip for just he and I. The only "must haves" are indoor plumbing. We have both "been there, done that" re: the alternatives.

He and I have fished Ontario for 25 years, so we're not rookies (please...I'm not bragging...just trying to give you a feel for what we've done). As long as we could catch some "eaters" we would sacrifice quantity for quality, and much more appreciate a varying lake...lots of island, differing structure, rivers in an out etc.

Any recommendations?

Edited by bigcreekdad

I'd also suggest you check out Mike's Youtube channel. He has put up numerous outpost cabin tours.

https://www.youtube.com/user/solopaddler4/search?query=tour

In particular, the Slate Falls Outposts camps and the private cabin at North Caribou Camps are really nice.

If you don't want to travel that far west, you can look into White River Air's Pickle and Shekak camps and the Marmac Lodge outpost. Other than that, you'll have to travel to Armstrong, Pickle Lake or further into western Ontario.

Well first of all tell your son "thank you for his service" from at least one Canadian, I appreciate that the men and women of the US military also do a lot to help protect Canada.

As for a fly-in fishing trip, my son and I just spent a lot of time with Mike's help looking for the "perfect" trip (for what we want); seclusion, comfort, great fishing (we wanted mostly walleye and pike). There were less expensive places but this one has exactly what we were looking for, hot and cold running water, fully equipped, and no one else around. In all the time I spent checking I couldn't find even one slightly negative review on them (and believe me I have read everything I could find)

We ended up choosing Vick Lake but there are plenty to choose from here is their link:http://www.walleye.ca/

We are going June 24 to 29 and counting down the days already.

Hope this helps!