Ice Out Watch

ccmtcanada

There was a report the west side was starting to go. Even with the 2 over night colder temps.

Im done. Packing winter away, bringing out the spring and summer gear. Now where did I put that toon of mine,,,,,,,,,,,, :whistling::Gonefishing:

Talked me into it. I'll watch movies with the missus.

Let me know when you get the toon out. I'll join ya in the Yak.

I was on Simcoe at Sibbald Point March 17th -est. 12 inches but looked like ice particle board. Best trip out of 6 this year.

Also Haliburton small bay of large lake March 21st -est 12-24 inches. On the way back a large part of Grass Lake (West Guilford) is open, same for Moore Lake. Still huts at Miners Bay.

I was planning on going out one more time this weekend at a small lake up north. Last time I was there two weeks ago it had way over 12" of ice, and its been cold every night since, daytime is a bit above 0, but nights are all below.

Just got an ice report from some inland lakes in the Parry Sound area . Still 10" of ice on most lakes with some areas being less

due to incoming streams and sun angles . Still a ways to go before ice out in this area but it is melting fast and will soon be unsafe

for travel. I will post more updates for this area as I get them .

Ok. Quick update based on my drive to Buckhorn last night.

Scugog...no ice visible from Hwy 7

Lower Pigeon ...completely open, some ice one the west shore, but not much

Gagnon Narrows...completely open, can see some ice on the far south shore

Upper Buckhorn...bays still iced up , water level is still low.

Little lake in Barrie, the normal center channel from the river inlet, is opening up through the lake.

The bay here is still locked up tight. It takes for ever for this bay to get open it seems. Yet, it,s been taken for ever it seems, to freeze up at the start of the ice season the past few years. Go figure.