Ice Out Watch

ccmtcanada

Going fast here in Haiburton. I have been out on Horseshoe, Minden and Mountain Lakes: some ice in sheltered bays, but the main lakes are open. Head, and Grass are opening up, Canning and Kash look to be a couple of days away from being open.

boat is ready to go for next weekend :Gonefishing:

Yesterday north end of Haliburton ice still on lake and bay but looked like 1-2 days left max. All the hwy 35 lakes were open south of Carnarvon. Still snow and ice on some back roads and in the bush. First time I've put the dock in with ice on the bay.

We are going to be a couple weeks earlier than normal for most lakes in my area (Dryden), drove past many small highway lakes today, all shore to shore open and the big lakes won't be far behind now.

Wabigoon Lake which my house is on is gonna be by the end of the week, probably sooner if we get some wind.

Lake Wabigoon this evening.

GOPR4894.jpg

Lots of open water in Hali.

IMG_20170420_223108_029_zpsf6nsxvmh.jpg

AWESOME BUDDY!

I went yesterday for splake, first lake we went to the landing was still froze in, so we headed for brookies 20 minutes up the road, same deal. Such a tease as both lakes were completely open apart from the landings....beautiful day though!

Edited by limeyangler

AWESOME BUDDY!

I went yesterday for splake, first lake we went to the landing was still froze in, so we headed for brookies 20 minutes up the road, same deal. Such a tease as both lakes were completely open apart from the landings....beautiful day though!

Thx Simon. I drove a couple hrs south to find that open water. Just went ona tour of my local lakes and everything is 95% iced up. My local opener is next Friday and Ill be on open water, but itll be real cold.