How to remove a fish hook from yourself! Not for the squeamish!!!

Glaucus

It's just an educational video. Yeah Abit disturbing but....

Having a sharp hook in you really doesn't hurt. It's just uncomfortable.

UNLESS it's in a really bad spot. I cringed when someone on here posted one stuck under a fingernail. No that would hurt.

Or heaven forbid the eyeball

Edited by manitoubass2

UNLESS it's in a really bad spot. I cringed when someone on here posted one stuck under a fingernail. No that would hurt.

An EYEBALL??? What's wrong with you man?? LOL You just want to try the new oil! hehe

Yep. I've hooked myself a few times while fly casting, barbless goes a long way there.

That feeling when you've made a really bad cast and you feel the line running over your arm and you're just waiting for the cone head muddler to hit you. :(

Yep. I've hooked myself a few times while fly casting, barbless goes a long way there.

That feeling when you've made a really bad cast and you feel the line running over your arm and you're just waiting for the cone head muddler to hit you. :(

Yeah it's not fun. I got one stuck in my armpit and that one didn't hurt. But I got one in the web of my thumb and that hurt like heck. My dog got tangled in the line and went for a run. That was a bloody removal

My daughter also pierced her ear with a jig. She cried but it was more the pain of waking her ear with a jig. The didn't even flinch when I popped it through and cut it off

My brother was on the Moon River musky fishing. He tends to stand up while casting and when changing baits, he just tosses them on his boat seat.

They were out most of that day, when they noticed that a front was rolling in over the the Bay, heading towards them. He got everyone packed up and was heading for his camp when he passed another boat at speed, sending his boat rocking from the wake.

Now I should explain that he likes to sit on the top of the back of the seat, to get a clear view while driving.

The wake from the other boat knocked him off the back of the seat, down onto the actual seat itself. He ended up sitting on his musky lures.

So, in his bathing suit, he has a twelve inch musky bait lodged in his butt, with two hooks buried to the shaft in his butt. My sister in law had to drive the boat back to camp, then to their truck and off to Mactier to the clinic. He rode in the back of the truck, on his belly the whole way.

They got the hooks out after a few laughs with the doctor.

HH

The fingernail one makes me sqeemish. You would have to remove the nail, push the hook through, clip the barb, then pull it out.

NO THANK YOU! Sounds like torture.