labradoodle vs goldendoodle

FLEX ROD

I will chime in with the experience we have had over the last year with our new pup. She is a Pudelpointer. Crossed around 1850's between a Wasser pudel and an English pointer. We also have a 13 yr old Vizsla. Contrasting the two, the PP is far more biddable and easy to train. She can stand (and seems to prefer) harsher corrections. By that I just mean that she doesn't shut down under pressure. Used a prong collar twice, and she has been heeling ever since. She just wants to know what is expected and she will repeat the behaviour after that. The Vizsla needed a much softer hand, and while the training would take longer to accomplish, he had the same ability to retain his training. The PP in the house is a dream. She just chills out wherever the family is, outside she has just as much energy as the V did. As a pup, the V was INSANE in the house and outside. Tons of energy. The V is short haired and sheds a TON. It gets everywhere, but being short there are no tumbleweeds. The PP has a wirey coat and doesnt shed, but does pick up WAY more burrs. Ticks are easier to spot on the V. We are already sold on getting another PP. The caveat I would have to add about behaviour is that the V was my first versatile dog and a lot of the behaviour is likely my fault not his. They are both crazy loyal and great with the kids.

If you want to have a look at the PP I can make arrangements for you to see her. Lacrosse season is coming up and we cross the city a ton in the spring.

We have a golden doodle who will be 7 this summer (mom a golden and father a standard poodle) who looks very much a golden except she's tall, and her coat gets wavy when wet. She's always been fantastic with our 4 kids and their friends (or anyone who wants to pay attention to her), is a great swimmer and retriever, has a gentle mouth and loves being in the boat. No regrets at all.

Our last dog (Dudley) was a lab/border. Wonderful! Super smart and easy to train. He had a huge vocabulary that kept growing into his senior years. We looked for another lab mix but in the end got a black lab puppy. Vader 15 months now and is a beautiful example of his breed and starting to be a well behaved companion.