Looking for weedless jig heads at Show.

captpierre

Anybody know of good weedless jig heads to put grubs or swim baits on for eyes on the Kawarthas?

Some days bucktails don't do the job.

Going to the Sportsman Show.

Who sells them there?

will be lots at the show... but give Bruce a text Ugli Boyz Baits .. member here and he makes them

Now don't laugh, but I use a small worm hook(ebay) and Texas rig my grub to be weedless just like a plastic worm. Depending on how much weight I need I pinch on a round earless splitshot up against the nose of the grub. Swims through just about anything and easy to rig. Cheap too.

Got a huge pile of sunken logs( like a couple of acres) on the Spanish river that I throw this rig into. I rarely get hung up, pull a lot of walleye out of there.

mud

Now don't laugh, but I use a small worm hook(ebay) and Texas rig my grub to be weedless just like a plastic worm. Depending on how much weight I need I pinch on a round earless splitshot up against the nose of the grub. Swims through just about anything and easy to rig. Cheap too.

Got a huge pile of sunken logs( like a couple of acres) on the Spanish river that I throw this rig into. I rarely get hung up, pull a lot of walleye out of there.

mud

Good idea Mud.

Gonna try it.

If you do a search for "39121 hook" on ebay there is a size 2(about 1.25 inches long) worm hook with free shipping from China for about $8 for a 100. That's the size that I use. The split shot (earless) I buy at Walmart in various sizes (depending on the depth and drop speed I want). The size 2 hook works real well on a 3 inch grub and size 0 splitshot is about 1/4 ounce or close to it.

The other option is to find some Charlie Brewer slider jigs. They made for small 3-4 inch worms for crappie but are excellent weedless grub rigs too. I haven't bought them in years because I felt they were too expensive back then. That's when I switched to a worm hook and split shot....way cheaper.

Good luck, Mud

Looks something like this one except I pinch on a splitshot. Same idea.

http://www.kevinwakeman.com/rigweedless.htm

grubs-1.jpg

Looks like the top one with a splitshot in front.

This also works but it takes me too long to rig in the boat and thehooks are too expensive for me.

mud

Edited by muddler

This is the hook that I bought last year. They come as small as size 6. I had to look in my old ebay purchases ( I have a lot of them) to find the hooks I bought

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

Copy and paste the following into ebay search...... (web link didn't work for me)

Lot 100pcs Strengthened Wide Gap Worm Hook Jig Fishing Crank Hook Bass Hook

Paxipa is the company. They cost about $3-$3.50 per 100, free shipping. It takes about 3-5 weeks to get here. I got the size 6,4 and 2 to cover all sizes of grubs from 21/2 inch to 4 inches.

mud

Edited by muddler

This is the hook that I bought last year. They come as small as size 6. I had to look in my old ebay purchases ( I have a lot of them) to find the hooks I bought

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

Copy and paste the following into ebay search...... (web link didn't work for me)

Lot 100pcs Strengthened Wide Gap Worm Hook Jig Fishing Crank Hook Bass Hook

Paxipa is the company. They cost about $3-$3.50 per 100, free shipping. It takes about 3-5 weeks to get here. I got the size 6,4 and 2 to cover all sizes of grubs from 21/2 inch to 4 inches.

mud

http://paxipa.com/fishing-hooks-c-10/lot-100-wide-gap-worm-hook-for-soft-bait-mpn38105-p-32.html

https://www.amazon.com/Sports-Outdoors-paxipa/s?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=paxipa&page=1&rh=n%3A3375251

OhioFisherman, thanks for the links but for some reason Chrome will not open them. Think i is the three dots in the middle (...) that does a change in the address. Can you put a plain text to the amazon link. That way I can just copy and paste it.

Thanks, Mud