The Cops found it.

DanD

I have too add that I am out to either The Oneida or Six Nations res. at least twice a week. Just like all facets of any society there is no more or less criminal element there as anywhere else. The high percentage are good hard working law abiding folks. I don't understand when someone says they won't drive there after dark. Most of the vehicles I see after dark are the Six Nations Police. I feel safer there after dark than many neighborhoods in Toronto for sure.

Are you telling me that a bunch of uneducated natives are smarter then the police ? ? ?

Not outsmarting. Playing politics and whenever they are confront the escalate to the point where public safety is compromised. I can tell you that my life and those on the roads are more important than stopping someone in your car.

Not outsmarting. Playing politics and whenever they are confront the escalate to the point where public safety is compromised. I can tell you that my life and those on the roads are more important than stopping someone in your car.

Yep!

And they obviously use this tactic to their advantage

Makes it very hard for police to do their jobs in many cases

You see it here too. High speed chase through town and the cops quickly back off

Lotsa theirs use this crazy method. No value on a human life for a hardcore criminal

So, no sting operation with a remote shut off of the stolen vehicle possible ?

It would be like playing a game of whack-a-mole. Catching the guys stealing the cars won't stop it from happening, another guy just shows up to take his place. It needs to be treated like organized crime where the leaders are taken out, but there's a lot of politics involved in doing that.

It's like cockroaches... squash one and ten take his place. Doesn't matter if it's drug dealers, bne guys or car thieves. They're everywhere. Problem is, these guys hit all over the province so it's a multi jurisdictional thing and it comes down to time, manpower and coordination and to be honest every region has their own stuff they have to deal with. Where I am it's the warm up theft guys that are a priority along with the guys stealing tractor trailers.

Edited by FishnNAutographs

I guess if you don't want your truck stolen just have to hang one of those dream catchers from the drivers mirror, they probably don't steal from there own..I know a dozen or more people from here in Niagara that had there trucks stolen mostly Chev's and the ones found were at the rez.

I guess if you don't want your truck stolen just have to hang one of those dream catchers from the drivers mirror, they probably don't steal from there own..I know a dozen or more people from here in Niagara that had there trucks stolen mostly Chev's and the ones found were at the rez.

Hahaha nope. These thief's don't follow the creator. Probably more likely to steal a vehicle with a dream catcher in the rear view

Also, what does others think can be done? Send in the military???

F&A is just being realistic.

They used to hang horse thieves.

How many countless dollars has this on-going enterprise cost the average person in insurance premiums, lawyers, repairs etc? and how much do we need to spend, before anything actually gets done?

Never mind, there are no votes in pursuing this problem.

HH

F&A I see your point about the court system, it's NOT working. They get slapped!

long ago I had my car cleaned out of "change". My fault for not locking it. Where I live now (you know where) I keep my car inside. My neighbour had his car cleaned out for change also.

This is NOT a Rez thing. People don't/won't work and need resources to fund a habit or just live. They roam to live!

I have lived at this location for 14 years and if I saw a YRP cruiser, say 10 times on our street I would be stretching the truth!

It's sad that we have these situations in our society but it will never change, thieves have been among us since the dawn of time and it will never end. Look at Internet fraud! Now they don't even have to go outside!

And I have been a victim of a debit card theft. GAS STATION! In one of the best areas of Toronto!

I was the victim and I was asked to make a report at the police station and only to be followed up by a call from a detective concerning my financial situation! We had a nice chat and never showed up!

No matter what precautions we take there is someone that will be better than us!

About 20 years ago we lived in a Condo complex in downtown Hamilton. I was sitting on the balcony about 1AM after work and watched 2 people checking car doors and those that weren't locked they went and rummaged around in the cars. I called 911. The Police came out and stopped them. I watched as they talked to them and let them walk off. The Cops knocked at my door and basically harassed me. Basically said why are you bothering us "they were only looking for cigarettes" I swear on my parents elderly lives. What the ****? I will never call them again if I see a theft. Why should I? My wife works retail abutting the Res. I told her if you see someone stealing and they are the usual suspects, let the security camera do the work and ignore them. No security on site. It happens there almost daily, the price of doing business. Cars are regularly stolen off the lot, not hers with 300K on it though. I cringe when she takes the 2011 Silverado when she works late or the weather is bad.

Kachenany, it's a Res. thing here next to the res. 110% if that's possible.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

About 20 years ago we lived in a Condo complex in downtown Hamilton. I was sitting on the balcony about 1AM after work and watched 2 people checking car doors and those that weren't locked they went and rummaged around in the cars. I called 911. The Police came out and stopped them. I watched as they talked to them and let them walk off. The Cops knocked at my door and basically harassed me. Basically said why are you bothering us "they were only looking for cigarettes" I swear on my parents elderly lives. What the ****? I will never call them again if I see a theft. Why should I? My wife works retail abutting the Res. I told her if you see someone stealing and they are the usual suspects, let the security camera do the work and ignore them. No security on site. It happens there almost daily, the price of doing business. Cars are regularly stolen off the lot, not hers with 300K on it though. I cringe when she takes the 2011 Silverado when she works late or the weather is bad.

Huh . . . Go Figure . . .

anybody have any stats on how many cars or trucks are stolen in one day? in some areas vehicles are stolen and driven around for a few days as their daily transportation and then dumped .

Those are called crack rentals lol.... one junkie steals it, gives it to the dealer for a fix and the dealer has a car for a day.

At one point we were getting 4-5 warm up thefts a day just in vaugjan