Underwater VR controlled drone/fishfinder...COOOOL!

limeyangler

very cool.. I would wonder about legalities in the near future though.....

Yeah I wondered about that too, using the lights while fishing is a no already, probably using automated fishing is not a go either, however I would not use it for that. Imagine using it to scout a large area for whitefish, but even then it could get tricky in the future, I don't know if they have banned drones for scouting while hunting but sure it won't be long if they haven't, this would be the same type of deal just underwater. The video I could take would be amazing though, especially under the ice!

I was thinking while watching the video one might use it as a downrigger pulling the bait behind it. Lights are a no no but we already have underwater cameras. The fish might freak seeing this thing coming at them.

And exactly what I thought too Ohiofisherman, with a boat like that you probably could buy the company along with the unit.

It's one thing to refer to a finder now and then but if I'm on the West Arm or French or wherever, the last thing I wanna be doing is staring at a mobile device looking for fish. As well, the idea of using that to drop the bait in front of the target seems kind of, I dunno, stupid tbh. Zero challenge.

It's one thing to refer to a finder now and then but if I'm on the West Arm or French or wherever, the last thing I wanna be doing is staring at a mobile device looking for fish. As well, the idea of using that to drop the bait in front of the target seems kind of, I dunno, stupid tbh. Zero challenge.

We need to change as does technology today. I really don't see me using it to find fish either to be honest as well.

I don't know how young or old you are woodenboater but when a pal and I showed up at the camp on the Ottawa River with a flasher in the early 80's the old timers told us it was cheating. When I got my first portable Eagle Ultra fish finder with Fish I.D.(still have it and it works) in 93' all 3 of us in the boat were huddled around the thing trying to get it to show a fish and a beep. I bottomed the boat out because I wasn't looking where I was going or looking at the depth. What's that beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep? What's a "shallow alarm? We figured it real fast. Lucky we weren't on the West Arm, rocks hurt boats.