Shark Fishing with my Mom!

PBenson

So none of my Florida friends wanted to fish cause of sketchy weather. My mom said she'd come to the beach and help me set stuff up and film. It worked out pretty well, as a bait got picked up by a nice lemon shark right after the sun went down. Check out the footage below!

Yeah, very cool. Mind if I ask what you're using as far as rod and reel? That's a beefy looking stick!

Thanks. The rod is a 6' Penn International V Rated 50-100lbs. The reel is a Penn Squall 50VSW. It got this shark in rather easily, but there are definitely fish out there capable of spooling it!

Really cool!!!!! Aren't there a lot of beaches that don't allow shark fishing from shore? I know that many of the piers don't allow it.

Most beaches allow it. The piers not so much because they are owned by the city and can enforce their rules accordingly, but most beaches are owned by the state so they can't really tell you that you can't fish for them. Most of the beaches that try to ban it you wouldn't really want to fish anyway, packed with people, boats, etc.