Drone vs Poacher

PUMP KNOWS

I thought it was funny to watch the tip up fly in the sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXbh3RVkeGw

Funny? Well perhaps but that was theft, doesn't matter that the guy was doing something illegal. The rules for flying drones are getting stricter all the time and this guy broke a few of them. I don't think posting this on You Tube with your own picture was very smart, now the fisherman knows who did it.

Got to be careful what you post on social media, it can come back to haunt you very easily!

Agree with Cliff. Definitely theft.

However, I don't believe the pilot of the drone broke any rules (although there may be state specific regulations in Minnesota that differ from Ontario). If that was in Ontario, the drone would not have broken any current FAA rules.

TC just follows FAA's rules.

FAA makes changes, TC follows. (with respect to drones).

We have followed the evolution of drone use over the last few years and have noticed TC has just followed the FAA decisions.

Many of our customers are using drones these days. Interesting how they are Insured.

Edited by Steve

That is a bad one Irish.

The FCC put a 5 mile distance ban, so TC followed with a 9 km distance ban (5 miles = 9 km).

Our customers must have an operator who is Special Flight Operations Certified....as they are using the drone for commercial activities.

But it is still a free for all with personal use....

For those curious, here's the rules for personal use of drones:

• Don't fly in clouds or fog.
  • Don't fly closer than nine km (five nm) from any aerodrome (i.e., any airport, heliport, helipad, or seaplane base).
  • Don't fly higher than 90 m (300 feet) above the ground.
  • Don't fly closer than 150 m (500 feet) from people, animals, buildings, structures, or vehicles.
  • Don't fly in populated areas or near large groups of people, including at sporting events, concerts, festivals, or firework shows.
  • Don't fly near moving vehicles, highways, bridges, busy streets, or anywhere you could endanger or distract drivers.
  • Don't fly within restricted and controlled airspace, including near or over military bases, prisons, or forest fires.
  • Don't fly anywhere you may interfere with first responders.
Edited by Steve

And there's the unwritten rule that was explained to a neighbour who thought fly by's over my property were perfectly legal:

Do not fly over my back yard while within 100 yards of the muzzle of my shotgun or you will find out the hard way that your right to fly your drone over my property does not trump my right to discharge a firearm.

Edited by G.mech

Does that ice look sketchy to you? When I saw that much water sitting on ice I didn't venture out on it. Especially on a blue bird sunny day in plus temps. 3 deaths this past week under the ice in Ontario alone.

If it was today I could come up with a dozen times a shift I could use a drown to inspect the tops of the Blast Furnaces in winter or during a thunder boomer. Maybe more. No one complained in the summer though.

I also back this but it's over a lake/river.

NOT YOUR PROPERTY

Ya i get it but the previous post was about drone flying rules in general so I thought this was relevant....maybe not.

Edited by G.mech

Ya i get it but the previous post was about drone flying rules so I thought this was relevant....maybe not.

Nah it is man. I'd be pissed if someone flew a drone over my property and would likely shoot it down.

Sorry if I went overboard. Lots on my mind

Edited by manitoubass2