MMJ Connoisseurs? VS Scotch Connoisseurs?

GbayGiant

I am just the messenger. It is people who have actually done studies on marijuana use that are claiming that usage was higher in the 70s than it is now.

My independent study from going to U of T 69 to 74 , when Yorkville was still a street of hippies and Roachdale College was still going strong , I'd say unequivocably that pot use was higher then. If the stuff back then was anywhere near the strength of the stuff today though you might have seen more negatives from it's use, while still the same plant you are comparing apples and oranges.

thats not true,there was very potent pot in the 70's,its just that the commercial stuff (imported)was weak,but very abundant.....

you just had to be connected to get the genetics

Averages bro.

Of course good stuff was still available. Just not as readily available. I hash from some regions has been amazing forever, good luck finding landstrains back then though

• 2 weeks later...

On the front line I couldn't even begin to count the number of problems had with alcoholics or just people drunk in general. With weed, I'd guess it could be counted on a hand or two. That said... people just gotta be careful either way.

Just this winter alone I have seen three different ugly truths with weed... The most extreme as an example... An acute psychosis resulted in a gruesome mutilation and death of one's own left hand with a meat clever. Same guy on booze is just a wild party animal, I hear. MJ may not have killed his brain cells, just altered this guys enough for him to nearly chop his hand off. It was "JUST WEED" alone that triggered this.

An extreme and rare case, yes, and only one of two in 18 years doing the job which turned that extreme. But pot for some with underlying psychiatric issues such as Schizophrenia can trigger nasty reactions. It does happen! But compared to booze issues, it's just a drop in the bucket. Alcohol can be devastatingly damaging as we all are aware.

Drink and toke responsibly! :)

If a youngster came to me and said "I am going to abuse booze or weed, what should I choose" I would tell him neither but for argument sake I would tell him or her weed for sure, hands down. I would always rather deal with someone stoned on weed than hammered on booze. I have never heard of someone high on weed rob a bank with a weapon. Maybe a slow speed chase ala "Up in Smoke".

I caught the tail end on the radio today when the Minister of Health Canada was laying out proposed guidelines for weed. She did say 18 years and older holding 30 grams or less will not be a chargeable offense. 4 plants grown at home no more than a metre high will be allowed. That's all I caught, any details i.e. date of implementation?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

more factors to that one person issues drew. medical history and all....nothing can be drawn from that one episode? although Im sure it happened just as you say.

thanks for the one episode..sounds nasty!

Iron maker.

As things stands, it is up to each province to make up rules as to where its sold.

How much it will sell for and what taxes they are going to add to it..

Many many many many unanswered questions that will see this deal in court for the next 25 years. Mark my words on that!

Our PM started something he could never finish or ever control.

criminalizing children and sick people is all this has done and will see happen. not many will understand my meaning either until it starts to show in the news and ...it will...

..time will tell all though.

this is new

"Sell cannabis to a 17yo, 14 year maximum. Sell booze or tobacco to them, pay a fine. "

Edited by GbayGiant

GBG, I understand this won't be easy what I don't understand is your pre determined negativity. I would have thought you would be celebrating this new positive movement towards legalization. Your statement concerning harsher penalties for selling weed to minors is disturbing. You aren't in favour of harsh penalties for selling weed to minors? I don't understand if you aren't. Don't compare poor old laws to getting it right now. Selling booze or smokes to kids should have the same consequences as selling dope to them. I don't get your point about the disparity between the two.

more factors to that one person issues drew. medical history and all....nothing can be drawn from that one episode? although Im sure it happened just as you say.

thanks for the one episode..sounds nasty!

Yeah.. it was nasty. A little PTSD'd and lost plenty sleep for 3 nights over it and still think about it weekly a few months later. But yes, he had another issue simply made worse by weed. Good thing is, it is very rare this happens. Hope to not see more of it with weed more readily available to all.

they have actually done far worse .

They want to criminalize sick people and kids with their new ideas..

. this has not passed and never will.!!!!!

This entire deal was put into place for Medical and now the things they propose will only criminalize the sick and children.

the sick have been criminalized and cant ever drive again? sounds right to you?

a kid 17 gets sold and caught selling to his friends does 14 years!

they fine people for selling tobacco and booze to kids..

can you not see the issue with something that is harmless by compassion? This deal was started by and put in place for sick people NOT rec smokers to begin with! The courts agreed with the people and said they have the right to treat how ever they wish!

Its not helping.. sick people at all!!

or will it help the kids that will see legal issues the rst of their lives if caught with it.!!

there is a lot people just dont understand about prohibition 2.

Their ideas of grandeur will fail miserably and take years of court time and tax dollars wasted...

all do to the fact that they want to control but cannot control a plant!!

one that does no harm and actually FAR FAR FAR MORE GOOD

But it's not about getting high people!!

again

its not about getting high people

one more time

its about people being healthy and getting better ...with out a pot stigma attached to their treatment!!

attitudes that no not about this medication!!!!!

is what is keeping it from doing its GOOD,,,

It has been seen that it can destroy Pharama meds results in many ways and THEY KNOW IT and see it coming and of course are tied into the industry like dirty shirts they are.

and the greed from our feds will see that!!

GBG, I understand this won't be easy what I don't understand is your pre determined negativity. I would have thought you would be celebrating this new positive movement towards legalization. Your statement concerning harsher penalties for selling weed to minors is disturbing. You aren't in favour of harsh penalties for selling weed to minors? I don't understand if you aren't. Don't compare poor old laws to getting it right now. Selling booze or smokes to kids should have the same consequences as selling dope to them. I don't get your point about the disparity between the two.

Edited by GbayGiant

one more time

its not about getting high..

its not about rec!!!

its about the "medical value" this plant has

that wont been seen if the idea of getting high is what it is all about!!

hell .....suck iN enough O2 at once and you get high

and pass out of course

WOW what a RUSH! :sarcasm:

Edited by GbayGiant

GBG it is both naïve and an embellishment to say a 17 year old will do hard time for a MJ conviction, 14 years for trafficking to a minor by a minor? C'mon man a minor doesn't get 14 years for 2nd degree murder in this country. I am more than willing to be educated on the medical advantages on weed, I can change my opinions on anything based on good solid information and education. Criminalize the sick? If someone sick breaks the law then I guess it is a crime. Recent changes to the maximum amount of Opiates that an individual can be prescribed by their Physician has been reduced by 50% in Ontario. So someone in real pain that has already surpassed the dosage now allowed can not get an increase no matter how the body has acclimatized to the dosage. So they go out and get it where ever they can to control the pain. And that person has no clue if those meds made in a lab on some farm by self taught pharmacists. So now a good law abiding tax paying citizen becomes a criminal because of those that abuse pain meds. That I can see happening with medical marijuana but how much marijuana does one person need at a time, 20 grams, 30, 40? How much weed will 4 plants yield, 3 lbs. 2, 1 lb? Plus it is also available at dispensaries, will the amount prescribed include that grown at home? I need facts not opinions GBG. This thread has changed my attitude and opinion somewhat concerning weed. I do however know many that have applied and received their Med. Marijuana cards and are as healthy as a horse. They are perusing the card simply to make dealing it less risky. Why would a person suddenly have to drive 60 miles to see his or her new Doc after having the same Dr. for 25 years down the street?

Of course legislation isn't going to be easy, and they will most certainly get it wrong. So I suggest you use your knowledge and education to help get it right rather than complain and critique situations that are until now hypothetical. Join a citizens committee to help the Politicos get it right. I'm sure there a few out there. Or start one yourself.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Hope to not see more of it with weed more readily available to all.

it already is now and always has been..

thats the part most dont understand The market is already there .

..its no going to get bigger now because they have a new poison herb being brewed for rec smokers.

Rec smokers an medical patients already have their supply and its cheaper too!

there wont be any mad rush from say..... drew or iron worker.... to smoke pot .....seeing as its legal now?

which it is not!

Edited by GbayGiant

GBG it is naïve to say a 17 year old will do hard time for a MJ conviction, 14 years for trafficking to a minor by a minor? C'mon man a minor doesn't get 14 years for 2nd degree murder in this country. I am more than willing to be educated on the medical advantages on weed, I can change my opinions on anything based on good solid information and education. Criminalize the sick? If someone sick breaks the law then I guess it is a crime. Recent changes to the maximum amount of Opiates that an individual can be prescribed by their Physician has been reduced by 50% in Ontario. So someone in real pain that has already surpassed the dosage now allowed can not get an increase no matter how the body has acclimatized to the dosage. So they go out and get it where ever they can to control the pain. And that person has no clue if those meds made in a lab on some farm by self taught pharmacists. So now a good law abiding tax paying citizen becomes a criminal because of those that abuse pain meds. That I can see happening with medical marijuana but how much marijuana does one person need at a time, 20 grams, 30, 40? How much weed will 4 plants yield, 3 lbs. 2, 1 lb? Plus it is also available at dispensaries. I need facts not opinions GBG. This thread has changed my attitude and opinion somewhat concerning weed. I do however know many that have applied and received their Med. Marijuana cards and are as healthy as a horse. They are perusing the card simply to make dealing it less risky. Why would a person suddenly have to drive 60 miles to see his or her new Doc after having the same Dr. for 25 years down the street?

there is a lot to explain

making criminals out of kids and sick people is what their proposals will do.

thats fact.

not hear say or pulled out of my rear end ..

:)

time will show what Im talking about..

there is no hiding it anymore!!

thats the best part

by the way

you spoke about clean product,

Three of the largest producers of pot have been caught poisoning people and are now in court!

you were talking about clean meds were you not?

Every LP out there is allowed to spray peoples medication with approved pestcides???? in order for them to see a profit.

as I have said..

there is way to much for the average person to understand.

Ill let others join in who know as much

Edited by GbayGiant

I should have simply asked how will the sick that need the med MJ become criminals? Less typing.

Saying something is easy to do, happens regularly not just on the Internet. Backing it up with quantifiable even qualifiable proof is another thing entirely.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

1. .we'll see cannabis users being punished as impaired drivers even if they're driving perfectly well and haven't toked in days.

What I am bothered by is 1) EXTREME PENALTIES for anything outside the legal system. 14 years is ridiculously severe.

NARROW DEFINITION OF LEGALITY. Possession of cannabis remains illegal under law, unless you buy from an LP or grow it yourself.

3) Cannabis remains in the CDSA, which isn't really legalization then, is it?

4 ) 2ng DRIVING LIMIT for cannabinoids in bloodstream is unscientific & discriminatory. Along with new cop power to swab all drivers...

5) FEDERAL CONTROL OVER GROW LICENSES. Provinces decide where cannabis is sold, but feds retain sole control over grow permits

just for starters

2. hope all of that helps make sense but there is more knowlegs neded to undertsand that as well..

Edited by GbayGiant

there is a lot to explain

making criminals out of kids and sick people is what their proposals will do.

thats fact.

not hear say or pulled out of my rear end ..

:)

time will show what Im talking about..

there is no hiding it anymore!!

thats the best part

as I have said..

there is way to much for the average person to understand.

Ill let others join in who know as much

You would be surprised at what an average person is able to understand once it has been explained clearly. I then might as well be able to join the conversation.

Just post some links so we all can read the entire text not the GBayGiant abridged versions. Your typing and grammar is getting in the way of you getting any good points across. Your writing is getting very difficult to understand and not everyone knows all the acronyms you know. Please I'm not trying to be a wise cracker critic, just take some time writing before pushing the post button.

Edited by Old Ironmaker