Antigua crappie.

limeyangler

What was the verdict on the taste compared to crappie? You said delicious, but which would you prefer? Was it flakey? They certainly have an odd shape, and the body tapers to almost nothing ahead of the tail. Were they tough to clean?

Edited by MJIG

What was the verdict on the taste compared to crappie? You said delicious, but which would you prefer? Was it flakey? They certainly have an odd shape, and the body tapers to almost nothing ahead of the tail. Were they tough to clean?

Apples and oranges. They were delicious sea fish, you can taste the sea, not something you get with crappie, both delicious in their own way. As for filleting, just as much a pain in the behind as crappie....lol....but lots of meat if you do it right.

The video's just keep getting better and better. Just don't start selling tires to us. I really enjoy using our freshwater techniques south to catch salty critters. I tied on a Pickerel rig once in Fla and was bringing in Sea Trout 2 at a time. The locals were baffled at first then wanted to buy my rigs.

no limits and no license required. you catch a fish in Antigua and its food to the locals. I have been there many times but usually stayed on the other side of the island (jolly harbour area). I have caught lots of fish in Jolly harbour but only landed small ones (small barracuda and jacks mostly on rat L trap type crankbaits). the marina there has huge tarpon and snook that just cruise around at night when the lights on the dock come on. I have seen 20 pound snook and 50 pound tarpon just swimming by like its nothing. but I never had my travel rod with me cause its right by a local restaurant and we were eating lol. Antigua is awesome. great reports and videos.