Used car hunt. NF

captpierre

What 4 cylinder, high compression, aluminum cylinder head engine doesn't have the potential of blowing a head gasket? Overwork it, get it hot a few times and you're asking for it. Subaru has a strong little motor that can take a bit of a beating; but you can beat anything to death if you wanted too.

Dan.

Subarus are plagued by it though, most owners consider doing HGs every 100k a normal thing. Unless things have changed, but every EJ series engine found in those cars suffers from it. It's too bad because their AWD system is fantastic.

just got word that my father in-law will be giving up his license. they're looking to sell his Ford Escape (it's the 2nd generation model - probably 2011 or 2012). I dont have many details about it on hand, but can get them if you're interested - drop me a PM. I do know that it's in really great shape and my father in law is super meticulous about anything he owns. if i didn't already lease a new vehicle in Dec I would have snapped this up in a heart beat.

just got word that my father in-law will be giving up his license. they're looking to sell his Ford Escape (it's the 2nd generation model - probably 2011 or 2012). I dont have many details about it on hand, but can get them if you're interested - drop me a PM. I do know that it's in really great shape and my father in law is super meticulous about anything he owns. if i didn't already lease a new vehicle in Dec I would have snapped this up in a heart beat.

No offence but those Escapes are not well rated.

The newer ones have improved to the point of "average" Unfortunately North American manufacturers are not making well rated small SUVs.