Antiguan Fish Suppers.

limeyangler

Hi all.....again....lol,

So, for the last three years when we stay at my brother in- laws house I have been the caterer. I do all the shopping and cook a meal every night while we are there, I enjoy cooking and always throw in a few fresh fish suppers.

The island's fishery has been hit hard by being pretty much raped by commercial fishing, and environmental factors so I practice catch and release for probably 95% of the fish I catch there, maybe more. But...I do keep some for the table, and this year was no exception.

I headed back to the spot where I was getting snook but headed out of the mangroves and fished the rock/coral shores where the cove opens up to the basin just behind the reef that forms a barrier to the whole bay. I was targeting smaller fish such as Jacks and snapper that patrol these areas, did ok too!

VIDEO

Some of my creations

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

"What are you"?! Awesome!

HH

AWE SHUX! :blush:

Jesus Simon!

That looks amazing!

I'd love to try those dishes. They look "fresh" as well if that makes sense

Also, your crazy wading with your stringer around your waist in barracuda waters lol

Nothing like fresh fish, i can't even be near store bought fish, it smells rotten to me now, but i'm spoiled.

As for attacks, I would be more worried about sharks than cuda, there have been less than 25 positively identified attacks on humans by cuda in over 100 years.

Almost worth a limb to see a nice shark....lol.

My next video has a shark in it though.........

So your just using basically what we use here for jigging trout up here. Plastic swim baits. Thats cool . I also see you have the voice command on your go pro Simon. How do you find the battery life when using that feature ? My new session has it, but have read it sucks battery power bad.

Great eats you cooked up there bud. :good:

Korber, I haven't been to Runnaway bay for a few years. There wasn't any structure like Simon was fishing from. Mostly sand shoreline with coral reefs off shore a bit. Great diving. I did see a few surf fishing with big tackle towards Ocho Rios. Check with the Hotel you are staying at I remember seeing NO FISHING signs at the old Super Clubs there. Mostly private property along that stretch. Be careful going off the Rez in Jamaica alone.

Absolutely Awesome! Both the fishing.....and the cooking!

Thanks man, I love our trips out there!

geeze Simon !!! you're like the guy on the Dos Equis commercial !!!

Like HH said ... "what are you ?" Lol

LOL....SIMON BE LIKE............

16427302_10154121503332653_3884327428679

I'm going to Runaway bay in Jamaica soon. I want to bring a rod and reel with me to do the same! Looks like so much fun, but your a little nutty with stringer full on your hip lol!

Feel the fear and do it anyway....lol.

So your just using basically what we use here for jigging trout up here. Plastic swim baits. Thats cool . I also see you have the voice command on your go pro Simon. How do you find the battery life when using that feature ? My new session has it, but have read it sucks battery power bad.

Great eats you cooked up there bud. :good:

Yup, not much different gear than I use here, heavier line and leader though. The battery life on the new go pro is amazing compared to the Hero 4, the voice command is sketchy though and I lost a few good video clips of epic snook because of it.

now that looks like a blast. - none of your secret guacamole this time? I gotta get the recipe from you again -

LOL...would you believe it, not a single avocado to be found in Antigua!

I hear you Simon about buying what they call "fresh fish" at the grocery store. Unless I see a fish that still has the head on it and I can smell it that fish isn't coming into my home. Most of the chain stores get their fish delivered Mon or Tues. AM. They were probably caught the previous Thurs. or Fri. at the least. By Wed the heads are cut off, by Saturday they are taken out of the cooler on ice and packaged. Their fresh fish may be 2 weeks old by the time people get them home, yea fresh.

I cringe when people tell me they had Capt. Highliner fish sticks for supper. After all it's fresh frozen. Oh my.