Ron Agnew

Rattletrap2

Got to wondering this week, does anyone know what happened to Ron Agnew?

He used to manage the old Fishing Plus store on Ronson Drive in Etobicoke before it changed to JB's. He was also somehow involved with Bob Izumi i think. He was a great guy to deal with while he managed the store. i just wonder if he is in the fishing industry somewhere today?

I had an old Eagle 7200 graph that would randomly shut down for no apparent reason. It was long out of warranty and I went in to talk to Ron about what he would recommend as a new replacement. He said this should never happen and he called Eagle/Lowrance to arrange for me to take the unit into their office in Mississauga. They told me to choose whichever unit I wanted within the same range of unit. Replacement was no charge! I chose a Lowrance X-60 with speed and Temp.

For this reason, I remain loyal to the brand. Ron could have easily sold me something else, but chose to go to bat for me. I will never forget Ron or the company for that. I never even knew the man prior to that visit. Speaks volumes about his character though.