Very sad news

Tybo

My families deepest sympathy on your loss, and every ones loss here, and inspiration to all, and a remarkable person in all aspects, Joey was a photographic genious, who photographed all of natures beauty whether it was wildlife, birds, flora, or the conk on a tree, she found beauty in everything our creator gave us, and heaven just received a true angel

My brother used to be a member of this board and then he got cancer and died 10 years ago. Him and I were very close and a lot of guys from here knew him so after his passing I put up a small post to tell of his death.

Months later my wife and I were sitting at home one evening and Joey and Paul came to visit. Joey was carrying a package and she gave it to me. I opened it and it was this beautiful 18" x 24" painting of my brother and I in my boat down at Quinte.

Joey had searched some old posts of mine and found the photograph.

There used to be a member here who painted pictures so Joey contacted her to do the work, then contacted other members who volunteered to donate money to help pay for it.

I knew nothing about it until that night.

It was one of the nicest gifts I've ever received and shows just how nice Joey was and what a wonderful friend she was.

001-7.jpg

Had the pleasure to meet and hangout with Joey a few times at some of the various group trips and "swills". So sorry to hear of her passing ...

Wishing peace and comfort for Paul + family at this time.

Lew I remember that picture fondly... Very touching piece.

Edited by fishdawg

Big Lew, that would be Joey alright. A fantastic woman, a very special woman of which there are too few. Someone upstairs needed her to do special things for Him. Now the entire World will be touched by her graces, I really believe that and I'm not what you would say is a religious person. I can't come to terms with her loss and I had never even met her in person. Just last month I mentioned her in a thread wondering why we hadn't heard from her in a while.

That is extremely sad news to hear! Even though I did not personally know Joey, I did have to privilege to fish with her a couple times in at Lakair years back. She seemed like an awesome lady and just loved to fish! So sorry for the sad news. My condolences to you and her family.