Very sad news

Tybo

Paul So very very sad indeed

I was just thinking you guys would be, soon headed up to IBP for some icefishing

I loved Joey's reports and pictures

Deepest regrets and condolences

Remember the 'good times'

Edited by RickOnt

I only "knew her" thru her posts over the years. Having said that, you do still feel like you kinda know many of the regulars here that youve never actually met in person. Like many, I specifically latched on to her photography posts as its something ive started getting into myself and i was always so inspired by her camera skills.

You have my deepest and most heartfelt condolences

When I got a text this morning, I was just walking out to the fishing grounds. My legs went weak. I couldn't believe what I had just read. Such a beautiful lady taken way to soon.

A great lady, and heaven has got her now. Im sure Paul, she will be sitting right beside you on the boat or in the hut yelling " dam you suspended fish "

Very sadden by your loss Paul and Allan..

I am at a loss for words. My deepest condolences to you Paul and to your family and to Joey's family. Such a wonderful lady. Kinda my hero. Seeing her out fishing landing all these beauties, bringing in the winning fish at Fishing for Tyler. Her art work and photography a gift for us to enjoy. I always hoped she could take me fishing someday when I wasn't so busy with Tyler. God bless her and may she rest in peace.

Elisa, Terry, Tyler and Tiffany

I never had the pleasure of meeting this special lady personally but was blessed to be able to know her a bit through our PM's about Artwork, especially her passion for Japanese fish Art. And if I got out of line here she let me know it. I have 3 paintings on the go that are based on her magnificent photos. Finishing them is on the top of my list. My wife doesn't read our board but knew exactly who Joey is through her Artwork that Ticha has on her Pinterest page. When I told her this morning about her passing she was shocked like us all. She has touched so many people she had never met nor spoke to through her Art. She has left a legacy very few of us will ever have left. This is a sad day beyond explanation. Our Sunshine Girl will shine on for eternity.

Is there something we as a group can do to honour her memory? Any suggestions fellow OFC ers?

I just heard the news. To say I was shocked is an understatement. My daughter just mentioned her last night as we were grocery shopping. She saw some cheese and said "when I see that I always think of that nice lady who let me go inside their ice fishing hut to get warm. She gave me cheese." Joey was an amazing woman. I'm saddened to hear this news. Rip Joey. You are definitely missed.

Edited by ccmt

Paul, so sorry to read this! Leah came running into the shop a little while ago, to give me this sad sad news, and I damn near dropped the carburetor for my engine! :canadian:

That was just to make you smile my friend and cherish the memories!

Joey was the only gal I knew that could pull a Laker, Pickerel, Whitefish and a Ling out of the same damn hole within 45 minutes!!

Be well my friend.

joeysma.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Paul, our deepest condolences regarding the loss of Joey, although I never met her personally, I did know her because of her posts here of her lovely pictures and quips regarding fishing.

Very sorry for your loss.

Rick and Dianne.