Beaverton hut operator Bombardier went through the ice!

Tjames09

I don't think it's a huge deal what happened, but no need hiding the name the outfitter if the story is true.

Who do you want to protect, the outfitter or the guy thinking of taking his young kids out for an afternoon of ice fishing?

Most importantly, I'm glad everyone is ok, it could have been a sad story.

Lots of operators have their transportation go through the ice

I got kicked off a forum that caters to cooks bay for posting photos and warning people , their people hauler broke though and was stuck

They do try to hide this stuff but a camera on every phone and social media. Nothing is hidden anymore

Terry is definitely right on. There has been quite a few incidents over the years. Even this one if it was not for social media, would you of heard about it ?

The operators got together and had it out early afternoon

No ice is safe ice!!! Things do happen

Wow. Glad everyone is ok.

They are lucky though, and it's a sign for people to stay off the ice. I'll never understand people and their need to be the first on thin ice or venture out the farthest. Some of these YouTube videos are of guys ice fishing Simcoe on no more than two inches. Nuts.

Yeah, don't walk on ice, if it can't support a big yellow bus you definitely shouldn't be walking on it lol! Obviously some guys push their luck but to say there's absolutely no safe ice on Simcoe is pretty ridiculous no?

I as well had no idea those things have floatation bags. Do they all?

I am glad to hear no one died. I have ridden on a few on Nipissing and it always amazed me that they didn't break through. But it was always 8" of ice at least not less. I as well have no idea why it would be such a secret not to name the operator. Did this incident ever become public? This doesn't happen everyday, does it? I personally would like to know who the operator was especially if I was someone that ventures out with these operators or intend to. Why the hush, hush?

I as well had no idea those things have floatation bags. Do they all?

I am glad to hear no one died. I have ridden on a few on Nipissing and it always amazed me that they didn't break through. But it was always 8" of ice at least not less. I as well have no idea why it would be such a secret not to name the operator. Did this incident ever become public? This doesn't happen everyday, does it? I personally would like to know who the operator was especially if I was someone that ventures out with these operators or intend to. Why the hush, hush?

Should be no hush ,hush its posted on the Simcoe site with operators name,said it was Floyd Hales;

Ship happens...........the operator should be commended for having the proper safety gear and leading his clients to safety after it happened.

Hale the new "Sully" . . . . :canadian:

Yes, good on the operator for getting everyone out safe and taking the extra safety of air bags too. Not many operators have the air bags.

He didnt just suddenly break thru the ice either. The story i have is there was a new crack he had to cross. There is 15" of ice there. Plenty safe, but stuff happens.

S.