Custom rod Builders

Rustic-Fisher

Hey guys, last Fall I ended up breaking one of my float rods, an important one as it was a wedding gift from my wife . The folks at Rainshadow have been great but unfortunitly it looks like I will need to get a new one tied on an updated Blank. Id like to keep the reel seat(wood), cork , and as many other original componants as possible as it holds sentimental value . I want my boy to fish it one day.

Originally came from Backwoods rods in Wasaga , no idea who builds them though.

Im looking for someone to rebuild this thing with a supplied blank and components .

Thoughts ? Pms welcome .

Thanks,

Ryan

I would definitely get in contact with Spiel. Out of the 12 or 13 float rods I own, Spiel has fully built 2 float rods (CTS, Sage One), did the bottom end of 1 float rod (Rainshadow XST) and supplied me with a couple reel seats for my own builds when I had time. Definitely recommended. Keep in mind he is busy with orders.

Backwoods rods used to do a lot of promoting on this forum back in the day. I believe Dan Sturges is the guy behind the company.

• 1 month later...

Update....

Rainshadow stands behind their product 100% , couldn't provide the identicle blank the original rod was tied on ,SO provided an updated Blank for 34.00$ .... deffinitly can't complain about that .

As far as rod building companys ........ choose wisely ! I went against all opinions here to save a few bucks ....... lesson learned .

Spiel check your PMs gonna need a few rods tied LOL.

You might be able to talk Spiel into twisting up a few rods for you and as you said you pay what you get. I Have been very fortunate that he has made the time to build a few rods for me. You can view some of his work on his facebook page.

Spiel Custom-Rod's photos.

Art