Two For Two

Big Cliff

last week it was John and I and we had a stellar day on Simco. Plenty of fish and fantastic company, how can you improve on that?

Well this week it was a long time buddy Jim. Slow start just like John and I, not a bite until about 9:30 then I landed a real beauty. We jigged , we drop shotted, I was getting a little worried after telling Jim how good the fishing was the week before. (I could see the OH SURE look n his eyes)

Then it happened; a hit, whoops, another hit, oh cripes, we've got fish on and our lines are tangled, two beautiful perch, BUT WAIT, THERE's MORE! I've got a double header, two decent fish, Jim has a real beauty, only problem he is in one hole, I'm in another :dunno: .

Ok, I pay out line so Jim can bring them up (I hate tangles anyway :whistling: ). Jim does his thing, his fish in the bucket, mine back to swim another day :wallbash: .Oh no, Jim has to cut some line to get the birds nest undone! Being the true gentleman he is, Jim cuts HIS line (OH YA, I'D have done that too, cut his line I mean :rofl2: )

From that moment on it was fish on, fish on, fish on! We stopped using two lines each, we couldn't get a line down without getting another hit and they were big ones and running wide. I would say the average fish we caught was in the 11" range with several exceeding 13+" and lots of double headers. There were a few times when they were pulling drag off the reels!

We only kept about 30 fish between us, a few of the smaller ones were badly hooked and wouldn't have survived so into the bucket they went and we kept a few of the bigger ones; well just because we could!

Met up with a couple or really nice fellows from Costa Rica and they did really well too, they even managed a nice herring, it was fun talking with them (although my Spanish is nowhere as good as their English).

Anyway, to sum it up; We lost count at 247 perch, had another fantastic day out with Tim Hales, and I'm looking forward to doing it again in the next few days. BTW, Tim has a really good video on Face Book regarding ice conditions. Looks like there is still a solid 11" of ice where he has his huts. (I'm not saying it's safe!!!!!!!)

And no! I am not getting a discount or anything other than great customer service and fantastic fishing from Tim!

And there my friends is why I like fishing! :good:

I have never had a bad day with Timmy....even when the fish didn't want to bite. Always a class act, and great operation. I LOVE his shop too....some real cool stuff in there!

Glad ya had a good day and got a couple nice feeds of fish too. I don't know about you, but catching that many perch wears me out LOL....its a lot of work when its non stop action like that!!

S.

Lori is headed out with him tomorrow.....I gotta work!!

S.

Oh man, I'd take her fishing in a heart beat (it's ok, I'm 71 she's safe LOL) She is one very nice young lady! Seriously if she ever needs a "Tag-A- Long" I would make sure she got home safe and sound!

C

I have lots of those buckets if you need some more lol Good shooting Cliff.

You know, I could use a few more, no rush! One trick I've learned is that when stacking them I drill a small hole in the bottom of the upper buckets so it makes them easier to separate. Then I just put a clear garbage bag in the ones with a hole in them when I need to keep them from leaking!

Cliff, we went out last week with TimHales and while we didnt get the number you got, we brought back around 25 decent perch. we had 4 lines in the water and had a few tangles. mainly because the fish would get hooked and would make a dart towards the other lines. It was kind of funny because I would see one rod start to move and then another only to find out the 3rd was the one that had hooked the fish!

We didnt get started until around 9:30 am but all in all was worth the drive. :Gonefishing::canadian:

You know, I could use a few more, no rush! One trick I've learned is that when stacking them I drill a small hole in the bottom of the upper buckets so it makes them easier to separate. Then I just put a clear garbage bag in the ones with a hole in them when I need to keep them from leaking![/quote

IF you turn the pail upside down put your hold down the handle with your foot and pull. It save a plastic bag lol.

I have lots if anyone else needs them!

You know, I could use a few more, no rush! One trick I've learned is that when stacking them I drill a small hole in the bottom of the upper buckets so it makes them easier to separate. Then I just put a clear garbage bag in the ones with a hole in them when I need to keep them from leaking!

This just jogged my memory. I never did come pick up those buckets! Totally forgot about them. Maple syrup season is coming. Its actually flowing now!! If you have too many and they are taking up space, let me know and I can take them off your hands! Sorry about that!!

S.

Oh man, I'd take her fishing in a heart beat (it's ok, I'm 71 she's safe LOL) She is one very nice young lady! Seriously if she ever needs a "Tag-A- Long" I would make sure she got home safe and sound!

C

I'm sure she'd go with you any time Cliff. Today was a girls day of fishing. I can only imagine the gossip in that hut right now hahaha

S.

This just jogged my memory. I never did come pick up those buckets! Totally forgot about them. Maple syrup season is coming. Its actually flowing now!! If you have too many and they are taking up space, let me know and I can take them off your hands! Sorry about that!!

S.

Sinker I have lots with lids. Let me know.

I will take as many as you want to get rid of. I am going to need them soon. Last year the bucket deal happened after syrup season, so I forgot about them....I feel bad now.

S.

I have them stored, whenever we can swing it. I'll see if I can plan something and drive out. No promises.

Nice fishie report Cliff, all you need is the Bushes Beans, and fried taters, the hard part you have taken care of,

Had the bushes beans but not the fried taters lol

Good job Cliff...let me know if you want a day out with the whities and lakers

As soon as Tim lets me know he has huts on the Trout/white fish grounds, I'll give you a shout

Lost count, man oh man... I've yet to even get out! Good on ya Cliff and thanks for the read

Actually Jim put his rod away about 4:15, he'd never caught so many fish in a day.

S.

Don't worry I made sure they got put to good use!

gotta love when the catching gets annoying haha. Well done

When you start to go "oh crap another one" You know it's time to think about heading home LOL.

I will take as many as you want to get rid of. I am going to need them soon. Last year the bucket deal happened after syrup season, so I forgot about them....I feel bad now.

S.

No need to feel bad my friend, nothing wasted, they all got put to good use.

I have them stored, whenever we can swing it. I'll see if I can plan something and drive out. No promises.

If it works for you, it looks like I might have tomorrow off and I would be willing to do a road trip and bring some back, Sinker could just pick them up here or if he is pressed for time I'd even deliver them to him. Let me know if this works for you. Email me [email protected] with your address and a time that is convenient for you. My cell # is 705-928-8899 if you need to talk to me. (but you'll always be welcome to come here for a visit too when there is some fishing to be had). Sinker, how many pails do you need (I only need about 4), email me your address and time permitting I just might be able to drop them off for you tomorrow.

If it works for you, it looks like I might have tomorrow off and I would be willing to do a road trip and bring some back, Sinker could just pick them up here or if he is pressed for time I'd even deliver them to him. Let me know if this works for you. Email me [email protected] with your address and a time that is convenient for you. My cell # is 705-928-8899 if you need to talk to me. (but you'll always be welcome to come here for a visit too when there is some fishing to be had). Sinker, how many pails do you need (I only need about 4), email me your address and time permitting I just might be able to drop them off for you tomorrow.

Cliff tomorrow I have to work, but I'm off every Friday. I can't make for the next two Fridays because of family commitments :( hiss boo . .

How soon does Sink need them? If I can rearrange some stuff I have lots more :)

Cliff glad to see you've managed to get out a couple of times already, I didn't think the ice would be thick enough. I currently have weekends off until March. Come March I will have Tue/Wed off and if the huts are still out would love to join you at least once if possible :)

I'll look forward to reading more of your reports in the meantime :)

Maureen

Cliff tomorrow I have to work, but I'm off every Friday. I can't make for the next two Fridays because of family commitments :( hiss boo . .

How soon does Sink need them? If I can rearrange some stuff I have lots more :)

I'm in no big rush for them. I won't be tapping trees for a while yet. That said, this mild spell has had a few trees running a little.....I may have missed a bit, but oh well, I'm just not ready yet!

Thanks again, really appreciate that.

S.