Kevin O'Leary declares

Big Cliff

A little less off topic, everyone at the debate seemed to focus on attacking Maxine Bernier. That tells me they saw him as the biggest threat on the stage. I'm sure they'll be attacking O'leary at the next one.

Personally Bernier is my current best of the litter in this brood.

Actually what we need and they have found in the States is someone is who the dog and not the tail. For far too long, we have had the tail wagging the dog and that is what has created Trump and will likely help O'Leary as well.

HH

What Joe says...

A little less off topic, everyone at the debate seemed to focus on attacking Maxine Bernier. That tells me they saw him as the biggest threat on the stage. I'm sure they'll be attacking O'leary at the next one.

They were playing on Bernier's home ice! If the debate was outside Quebec the dynamics would have been different. How will O'leary get any votes from Francophones? Would you vote for somebody who doesn't speak English?

I would say it means he's screwed over a lot of people and been sued on a regular.

If getting rich by ripping people off is a guy you want running the country, I can't agree with you there Cliff.

Read the article, see what Mattel had to say about him after losing billions dealing with him.

You don't turn thousands into hundreds of millions by making everyone happy! As far as ripping people off; I feel I'm getting ripped off every time I get a pay cheque and I look at what our government takes from me.

You don't turn thousands into hundreds of millions by making everyone happy! As far as ripping people off; I feel I'm getting ripped off every time I get a pay cheque and I look at what our government takes from me.

Cliff, If you have honestly evaluated O'Leary's position on the issues and decided he stands for what you stand for, then vote for him with my blessing (not that you need it, just saying).

10 out of 34 submissions, I wish we could detach the GTA from the rest of the province and a lot of us would be happy. :tease:

Oh ya, and if O'Leary gets the PC leadership, I'll definitely vote for him.

you got that right, look at a map of the 2014 election results, the half dozen ridings of the far north went Dipper except for the Nipigon riding, the more populous area south of the French Mattawa River is Tory blue , you have to get into the postage stamp sized , high density ridings of Toronto to see the bulk of the Liberal support, the province is Ontario is governed by Trawna :wallbash:

64641_250979635105802_701625216370427552

If the CPC want to sit in the big chair, they need Quebec and that means they need Bernier. Leitch is scaring people with her values talk and O'Leary is not as smart as he makes out. See previous Globe and Mail link or this updated one. Bombast works on tv but maybe less so in the real world. I'd take Raitt over O'Leary 24/7/365

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/streetwise/hot-air-the-truth-about-kevin-olearys-business-history/article33655534/

Edited by woodenboater

Seriously, if a member starts to bash trump and american politics the thread gets shut down. Not so much with the candian politics. I get enough garbage about the butthat O'leary from regular news and I sure as you know what do not need to read trash on OFC regarding Canadian politics., Come on Art where is your axe???

As Trump will find out, and possibly O'Leary, running a business and a country are 2 different things. In a business people are just another number on the spread sheet to do with what you may to meet the bottom line and keep the share holders happy. Not so much when you run a country, province, or state, the people are a share holder. I'm not a NDP'er, Liberal or a Con, just a human who wants a descent life, and is tired of getting screwed over so someone else can make another buck, and is very thankful I'm a Canadian and not living in what may turn into an ugly mess south of the boarder.

As Trump will find out, and possibly O'Leary, running a business and a country are 2 different things. In a business people are just another number on the spread sheet to do with what you may to meet the bottom line and keep the share holders happy. Not so much when you run a country, province, or state, the people are a share holder. I'm not a NDP'er, Liberal or a Con, just a human who wants a descent life, and is tired of getting screwed over so someone else can make another buck, and is very thankful I'm a Canadian and not living in what may turn into an ugly mess south of the boarder.

I can sympathize with that, however sometimes I feel like I'm being screwed because the country isn't run like a business. Certain parts of it, at least, can't be run as-is (energy sector for example).

So a bit of both can't hurt. Unfortunately it'll always be one extreme or the other.

Problem is the energy sector is run like a business. Oil is cheap 54 are barrel or so, gas is overpriced over a dollar a litre Multinational corporations make billions, Canadian public get screwed. Business means making money off you.

A business has one priority, profit.

A government should have the well being of its citizens as it's top priority.

I'm not saying our current government is doing a good job one way or the other. I just saying I don't want a government that decides people are expendable because profit is down, which is what a business would do.

Edited by Dutch01

A governments job is to create and maintain an environment where business can succeed and therefore provide opportunities to it's constituents. As soon as it starts to single out individuals and special interest groups ahead of it prime mandate, everyone loses.

HH