A once in in a lifetime fishing trip!

Big Cliff

OK so my son and I want to do a fly in fishing trip this year. Species, walleye and trout (in either order) we want quantity rather than size. We are looking at 3-5 days and we are willing to hire a guide for some if not all of the days.

I am not sure of what the best plan is for us, we want to fish and relax but above all I want it to be something he will remember for the rest of his life. Mike, if you could chime in here, your input would be appreciated.

Cliff,if you are willing to travel to this part of the province we have some excellent fly in operators

clarksresorts.com

wilderness-air-escapes.com

I would advise booking sooner rather than later,the really good outposts get sold out fast.

Had a chance to talk with Mike yesterday, WOW! Such a nice, knowledgeable young man. He gave us about 6 options that he thought would suit our needs and spent almost an hour on the phone with us giving us details on each of them. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Thank you Mike!

Mike has always been a champ that way... it's too bad some nay sayers talking about his new gig upset him here...On my first visit to this site I stumbled on to one of his posts and had to read them all.

Saddly I have seen a lot of really great people leave over the years because some people just aren't happy unless they are trying to find fault. I have always enjoyed reading Mike's reports, I didn't always comment because I didn't feel I could add anything.

For Mike to spend the time he did and offer to continue helping us through the planning will never be forgotten!

Can't say I have,soooo many great lakes to fish around here,can't get to them all!

It is a great area! If I were you id check it out even for a day trip. Its only about 30 minutes up the highway towards ear falls.

Access to the lake is about a 5 minute drive off the highway.

I havent asked him yet lol, but if wormdunker comes up next summer Id like to take him there for a day. Then hit some serious backlakes on the 502 and show him what a real "numbers" day looks like.

We should link up come spring. Im willing to drive up that way to meet up. Its a small trek for you. Takes me about 3 hours or so to get to vermillion

I really miss Mikes reports, badly. If we don't watch it Bunker is going to be chased away as well. Then all we have to read about is Trump and Jr. and where to get the best deal on tires and batteries. They don't need us we need them.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I really miss Mikes reports, badly. If we don't watch it Bunker is going to be chased away as well. Then all we have to read about is Trump and Jr. and where to get the best deal on tires and batteries. They don't need us we need them.

Bunk has his own site which has all his old and new reports. Id highly recommend subscribing.

And mike has his own magazine now where he does his reports.

I dont think he was "chased away" as much as he is just too friggen busy running his business

I dont think he was "chased away" as much as he is just too friggen busy running his business

a few salty grains ruined it for the rest of us.

seriously though once the reports are gone this forum is dead. Forums in general died about 5 years ago...the only thing keeping this one alive are guys posting reports.

There arent too many 20 somethings or less that are going to flow new blood into this place. Luckily i grew up with two older brothers who beat me up my whole life so the saltyness doesnt get through my skin. But ive seen it again just recently how the young new blood gets burned just for speaking up about things. Luckily the most recent occurance didnt make the new guy shy away.

Not to hijack the thread. Cliff you better post a report after that trip! even with the watching anonymous eyes!

Edited by AKRISONER

Uncle Cliff, you said a TRIP OF A LIFETIME so this immediately came to mind......

Check it out as it's ALL FIRST CLASS and they even treat you to "Happy Hour" everyday of your stay for FREE ! ! ! However, it's not a bargain cage place for deals, so it that's what you are also looking for, look elsewhere. But if you want the best boats with 19 lakes to choose from plus guides if need be at least take a look see. And I KNOW you like to eat but this place doesn't feed you they wine and dine you with their own CHEF

http://hawk-lake.com/

Edited by Mister G

We've gone with Air-Dale the last 3 yrs. A lot of options as far as accommodations and lakes go. We always book with a portage lake option, and haven't been disappointed. Martin and Jenn have always looked after us, and have always been great to deal with. Reasonably priced as well. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.