Trudeau on Rice Lake Tomorrow Friday the 13th

esoxansteel

I only get natural gas.

I thought that was why Kate wanted the carbon tax hidden in the delivery charges, so she could tax the tax.

Wait till you see the electric bill without provincial tax.

My bet is that its only taken off the actual electric used, not delivery or global rectification charges or whatever they call that crap.

oh great. That bill will be here next weekend. You are well aware that now that CT has been implemented and can and it will be raised as needed for our provincial coffer. We are so screwed.

The government spins it how they want, same as the global warming effects of greenhouse gasses.

Nobody really knows and the scientists are all paid by government to report what they want.

The government needed another revenue tool and carbon tax is it. Not a dime will be spent on research for alternative fuels.

The 2100 timeline that Harper predicted is way more realistic than Trudeaus

Thanks for the link Gmech

Every time I read about the govt. screwing us over just increases my resolve to move out of this country when I retire.

I have a spot picked out that is warm, friendly and most importantly overrun with giant hungry fish.

And as a bonus you can live well on $2K a month.

I figure on my pension, OAS, CPP etc I will be able to live like a king!!!!

OH, and gas is 1/2 the price or less!!!

Gotta fill up the offshore center console!!!! :D

Every time I read about the govt. screwing us over just increases my resolve to move out of this country when I retire.

I have a spot picked out that is warm, friendly and most importantly overrun with giant hungry fish.

And as a bonus you can live well on $2K a month.

I figure on my pension, OAS, CPP etc I will be able to live like a king!!!!

OH, and gas is 1/2 the price or less!!!

Gotta fill up the offshore center console!!!! :D

come on down Florida is calling.

Art

The government spins it how they want, same as the global warming effects of greenhouse gasses.

Nobody really knows and the scientists are all paid by government to report what they want.

The government needed another revenue tool and carbon tax is it. Not a dime will be spent on research for alternative fuels.

The 2100 timeline that Harper predicted is way more realistic than Trudeaus

You are telling us that gov employees and politicians are vastly more intelligent then all of us in that they control all scientists in secrecy to perpetuate a HUUUUUGE hoax over what now has been several generations. Think of it, a mass conspiracy requiring the silence of both groups, over many decades, and they fooled us all!!!!!

Dara, you are utterly DOOOOOOOMED! :)

100's of employees are flown into Area 51 daily to work... decades later and not one has spoke out as to what they really do there. Just food for thought...

Aliens have perpetuated a giant hoax through mind control of our leading scientists and politicians and only Dara and a hand full of others could envision the enormity of this MASSIVE CONSPIRACY. We have all been BLIND. Only by perpetuating this giant global warming hoax could politicians such as Trudeau get elected and unleash his plan to bankrupt seniors and the average working Joe through the nefarious Hydro One. At that moment when millions of citizens have been bankrupted and effectively neutralized, will the aliens finally lay down their hammer with one giant thud of a global assault initiated out of Area 51. How's that narrative, is it believable? :)

Aliens have perpetuated a giant hoax through mind control of our leading scientists and politicians and only Dara and a hand full of others could envision the enormity of this MASSIVE CONSPIRACY. We have all been BLIND. Only by perpetuating this giant global warming hoax could politicians such as Trudeau get elected and unleash his plan to bankrupt seniors and the average working Joe through the nefarious Hydro One. At that moment when millions of citizens have been bankrupted and effectively neutralized, will the aliens finally lay down their hammer with one giant thud of a global assault initiated out of Area 51. How's that narrative, is it believable? :)

LOL! Sounds like you have the makings of a screenplay there scuro!

come on down Florida is calling.

Art

Yeah just don't retire in what is quickly becoming flooded Southern Florida. The estimate is a 6 to 9 ft rise in sea levels by the year 2100 if C02 emissions continue to rise at it's present pace.

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/460332/is-miami-beach-doomed/

Edited by scuro2

Yeah just don't retire in what is quickly becoming flooded Southern Florida. The estimate is a 6 to 9 ft rise in sea levels by the year 2100 if C02 emissions continue to rise at it's present pace.

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/460332/is-miami-beach-doomed/

CO2 emissions won't continue...Trudeau is phasing oil out by 2030...the planet is saved

An interesting article on the phase out of coal in Ontario and what it has accomplished:

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2017/01/17/shutdown-of-coal-plants-raised-electricity-rates-failed-to-reduce-pollution-report

Consider the source. I say that in all seriousness, because this article is a propaganda piece.

First, it's from the Toronto Sun, a conservative newspaper not known for journalistic quality or integrity.

Second, it's reporting on a piece by the Fraser Institute. The following information may help you to understand the Fraser Institute's motivations.

Catherine Windels is the Director of International Affairs at international drug giant Pfizer, and also served as the Secretary Treasurer for the Fraser Institutes Board of Trustees. The Fraser Institute has put out several "reports" critical of internet pharmacies and generic drugs, and has lobbied for direct to consumer advertising by drug companies. All things that would benefit Pfizer.

Then there's Gwyn Morgan (of oil company EnCana) and R. J. Pirie (Sabre Energy). They are on the board too. Oh and the Koch brothers, those conservative American oil billionaires, they gave $500,000 to the Fraser Institute. Actually Exxon gave them $120,000 too, seems like all the oil guys want to get in bed with Fraser. Perhaps that is why the Fraser Institute are essentially climate change deniers.

You may have read recently, as I did, that corporations are sitting on record amounts of cash. Interestingly, the Fraser Institute supports cutting corporate taxes. Perhaps they think the corporations need more cash. I wonder if that has anything to do with board members Peter Brown (Cannacord Capital) and James McGovern (Arrow Hedge Partners). These guys control hedge funds with investments of approximately $300M for the ultra rich.

I'm sure there's more, the board is actually huge.

I'm not sure why anyone who isn't filthy rich would think the Fraser Institute would ever do anything for them. They don't care about regular people at all. They use big corporate money and a rag like the Sun to convince the "working man" that they've got your back.

While I didn't do the research, I'm sure the Liberals are just as bad on the other side. Google Mike Crawley, former President of the Liberal Party of Canada. He started a power company (despite no prior experience) and received a 20 year guaranteed contract to provide green energy to the Ontario Liberals. The payout? A paltry $66,000 per day.

The point is these guys have all read Sun Tzu, and as long as they keep us divided into liberal or conservative tribes, we will remain conquered.

Edited by Dutch01

Consider the source. I say that in all seriousness, because this article is a propaganda piece.

First, it's from the Toronto Sun, a conservative newspaper not known for journalistic quality or integrity.

Second, it's reporting on a piece by the Fraser Institute. The following information may help you to understand the Fraser Institute's motivations.

I just posted a link to an article.....it's up to the readers to draw their own conclusions.

Edited by G.mech

Fair enough.

I thought you might like to know who you are listening to.

Again, I just posted a link to an article with an alternative viewpoint...did I say I agreed with it??? Does our Provincial government give us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?? Maybe reality lies somewhere in between....

Edited by G.mech