stradic ci4 handle

chong

In theory it should fit as long as they are both the same size body. Not too much to change there in technology wise but Shimano has a warranty and service location in Peterborough you can look up and contact. There should be others local too in QC but I just know my local one...

I don't blame you there.

Local dealer used to send all reels to that place. Any Shimanos he gets in for cleanings are now sent directly to Shimano for a specific reason. It's more costly but the work is great.

If the knob is the actual issue, Bare foot wader is 100% correct. There really isn't much you can screw up underneath a know. If you want to get a bearing for it, you can again order through Shimano or go check out the Boca bearings site. Knob bearings are super cheap.

3rd option would be to send the whole reel in for a cleaning and mention that the knob is not as free moving as it used to be.

I don't blame you there.

Local dealer used to send all reels to that place. Any Shimanos he gets in for cleanings are now sent directly to Shimano for a specific reason. It's more costly but the work is great.

If the knob is the actual issue, Bare foot wader is 100% correct. There really isn't much you can screw up underneath a know. If you want to get a bearing for it, you can again order through Shimano or go check out the Boca bearings site. Knob bearings are super cheap.

3rd option would be to send the whole reel in for a cleaning and mention that the knob is not as free moving as it used to be.

/\/\/\ 3rd would be my route for a high end reel. It will feel like new and you will love it even more if you go route 3...

I have had a stiff knob for years on my Shimano 1500. My mechanical skills for miniscule tasks are not the best. Fat fingers and poor eye sight. I give it a shot of machine oil occasionally. It is around 20 years old and it doesn't owe me anything, I love it because of the rear drag, those 1500 and 2500 series are built like Sherman tanks. Not for finesse fishing. Try giving her a shot of a good quality machine oil.

I'm in Montreal.

The handle it not stiff at all, it's the rubber handle itself that is getting sticky.( I think I fish too much....not)

I'm going to send it in to have it cleaned and ask to have the knob changed.

oh, so the actually grip itself is sticky to touch? my bad, a new bearing won't fix that lol

if cleaning it doesn't work, there is a good number of aftermarket options if you want to bling your reel, you don't have to stick with the factory septon knob, unless of course you like it