Fishing tools..this is getting ridiculous! Should it even be legal?

RangerGuy

I love how whoever put together the promotional pictures couldn't even bother to research basic fishing facts. Last time I checked we don't ice fish for saltwater tropical species. Makes me think that someone created a nice underwater drone and is now trying to create a market for it.

A neat toy for scouting out structure and spooking fish, but I don't think that you'll see many fish being caught with it. Here, eat this chunk of bait dangling 6" from the strange sounding large moving object. Wait, now it has a light on it! Done deal. Besides, the line is slack when that fish strikes, good look getting the hook set in time. Maybe it can be used as shark bait? Put some flippers on it so it looks like a seal... topwater Great Whites?

I'd be more worried about drones being used for hunting than for fishing. Unethical hunters could use drones to push target animals towards a stand. I wouldn't be surprised if we see that showing up in the regulations in the near future.

Another piece of equipment to cut out the learning curve in fishing. There's a lot of things I'd love to do with it, but the price tag probably isn't going to be pretty. The next thing to worry about would be battery life in our climate especially during the ice season.