lake nosbonsing ice fishing

huzzsaba

So if all goes well with the ice and the hut rental gives the thumbs up, I and a couple of friends will head to lake nosbonsing to do some ice fishing. The reason we chose this over Nippising is because with everything included, its cheaper, and they are letting us stay 12 hours as opposed to 8-9 hours on nippising. Also possibly less busy than Nippising.

So has anyone ice fished Nosbonsing in the past and done well? Any reason to not go there and head to Nippising instead? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks and happy new year! :)

Edited by huzzsaba

Less busy is a bit of a stretch. Nosbonsing has full time residences from end to end, and a ton of traffic once the ice sets up. There are definitely some nice walleye to be caught, but you're not going to be able to catch fish steadily in the shack all day. You will probably have to work for them, but you should have some good evening bites. Good luck.

Went there for a long weekender a couple years ago. I think we went in March, but I'll have to check that. Great cabins and huts, but the fishing was terrible. I think we got skunked. That being said, we pretty much do this trip every year and most years the fishing has been horrible no matter where we went. Been to Boshkung, Kashagawigamog, Bernard, Clear Lake (near Hunstville) and Esson Lake....forget where else. We've actually only done well on Simcoe, Lake of Bays and Bernard at other times though. These trips have turned into more of a fun get together than a fishing trip now, lol.

Go to Nippising. I have been taking my kids for the last few years for 4 days to a week in the area during the summer. They love to get onto Nippising. It's always a good time. You may not get many dinner fish, but the perch bite can be pretty good, and we usually manage a couple of keeper pickerel.