Darwin candidate

smitty55

Man shoots himself in the chest with crossbow. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/crossbow-hunting-accident-marlborough-forest-1.3902930

The article doesn't give many particulars but for the life of me I can't figure out how someone could shoot themselves in the chest. First of all, unless you're using a dummy bolt to discharge the bow at the end of the day, you would never have it loaded when you go to uncock it.

On top of that the article says it happened at 6:00 pm, which is well after legal shooting time so the bow shouldn't have been loaded in the first place, unless again it was just done to "disarm" the bow.

Something fishy here it seems. I hope the guy turns out ok, but I sure wouldn't want to be out hunting with someone that careless. Scary

Cheers

Something fishy here it seems. I hope the guy turns out ok, but I sure wouldn't want to be out hunting with someone that careless. Scary

Cheers

Wonder if the arrow in question doesn't match the ones in his quiver but one of his buddies arrows ( shot at some movement after dark ) and they made up a Bull story to avoid the buddy getting a careless hunting charge and the consequences come with that, that makes more sense to me. just sayin :dunno:

Edited by dave524

I can't figure this one out? If he was shot accidentally in the chest how is he even alive??

I checked out other news feeds later to see if anything else developed, said he was stable and no vital organs were hit, obviously not a double lung shot :tease: No more on how the accident happened but still don't add up to me . :dunno: