AWD Dodge Challenger....not fishing....

lookinforwalleye

That thing probably weighs 4500 pounds or more. In snow it would get munched by a Subaru.

Don't get me wrong, I love my V8's (I have a 327 in my Silverado), but I don't see the point of AWD on that car. I'd take it in two wheel and keep the rears spinning!

The "NEW" Challenger GT AWD is a 3.6 V6....I don`t think Dodge is targeting Subaru drivers more likely the crowd that think driving a RWD car in the winter is a challenge...I drive a RWD Charger and I quite like it the only thing that slows me down in snowy weather is the soccer mom crowd in their AWD BMW`s and Audi`s....I may look into an AWD version when I retire...or I just may say the hell with it and buy a 392.....

Edited by lookinforwalleye

That's gnarly!

My old 3 series BMW (with snow tires) was a dream in the snow. I'd turn the traction control off and drive with the throttle. Now I mostly drive my truck like an old man...

Yep! First time I heard the story I was in awe... glad your still here geoff!

No traction control for me in our chevy travers. Causes more issues than it helps lol. So it stays off!

How did we ever get around in those 1960's and 70's big V8 real wheel drive land yachts? Sometimes we didn't unless you had a good shovel actually, the winters of 77,78,79 were brutal. I lost a few sets of car mats jammed under the rear tires.

I hope that Chrysler has more road clearance than my piece of poop Intrepid did. Any more than 6"s of white stuff and the thing would lift off the road and you were sitting still spinning your wheels. Just like VW Beetles front end with hardly any weight would lift off the road, out came the shovel. Need tires to touch a bit of the road no mater how many wheels are turning.

Mine was a 03 too Rick. Mine was useless in the un plowed snow. If we had 8" I would get stuck in the laneway. On a clear road OK otherwise useless. I took off the front spoiler because of it plowing snow and it would build up in the front until I got stuck. Worse car I ever owned mostly for computer problems. That car had as many K's towing it as driving, it sure felt like it. It is rare to see an Intrepid or any of those cab forward Chryslers on the road today, and early model 300's, still plenty of Fords and Chevys from that era still running.

That's gnarly!

Oh and that's the "nice pic" and yes it sure was bad!

Yep! First time I heard the story I was in awe... glad your still here geoff!

Thanks bro and yeah you are one of the few who know the story. I guess my guardian angel was looking out for me that day and a few other times too! ;)

Mine was a 03 too Rick. Mine was useless in the un plowed snow. If we had 8" I would get stuck in the laneway. On a clear road OK otherwise useless. I took off the front spoiler because of it plowing snow and it would build up in the front until I got stuck. Worse car I ever owned mostly for computer problems. That car had as many K's towing it as driving, it sure felt like it. It is rare to see an Intrepid or any of those cab forward Chryslers on the road today, and early model 300's, still plenty of Fords and Chevys from that era still running.

It's funny you say that; I have an 04 Intrepid in my shop right now.

Other then the dirt on it; it's a clean rust free car, with 120 K on it.

Intrepid_zpsbetbcces.jpg?t=1482271311

So far, after all the years working on this one, there hasn't been any real issues with the car?

I don't know why though; they weren't the best of cars; but this customer has let me do all of the required maintenance that the manufacturer has suggested.

As for driving them in "deep" snow; yeah they were toboggans; Instead of a spare tire they should have came with a wintch. LOL

Dan.

Was yours a 2.7 or 3.5? I have heard the 2.7 is problematic and the 3.5 not so much.

If I had the space and money, I would get a Chrysler 300M special. Love the way those cars look and I am sure they drive nice!

IMG_20130525_185014_580-vi.jpg

Edited by huzzsaba

Yes it was a 2.7. I never had any engine issues, that's a plus I guess. Just regular maintenance. Computer issues at over $1000.00 a pop. The car ran and looked nice and shiny when I drove it into the wreckers stuck in limp mode. Not a speck of rust. I could go for an entire day before it went into limp mode then I might not get 100 meters and she was stuck in 2nd, shut it off and start over again, go another block and go through it again. 3 tranny communication computers in 2 1/2 years. AC never worked right as well as the blower fan. Problems with CV joints. Struts, wheel bearings. Always was dealing with wearing pads early. I don't drive hard. Door panel tabs broke, rear power windows worked when they wanted, windshield leaked water, rear defroster went, water in the trunk. The battery was buried behind a cross member and behind another thing I don't remember. I'm having a flashback, I need to stop thinking about that POS.

I leased from new and serviced it as required. I bought the lease out and everything went to Hell.

Huzz you couldn't give me a Chrysler.