TSC Lindsay rant NF

Big Cliff

Big contrast with my local HH. A few years back we bought a patio set on sale there. A couple of days later there was a further price reduction. When I wandered into the store looking for a couple of nuts and bolts the clerk who sold it to us tracked me down and said they would refund the price diff. between what I paid and what it was now on sale for. Needless to say, they won a loyal customer that day! Mind you, the service is generally very good there anyway.

Big contrast with my local HH. A few years back we bought a patio set on sale there. A couple of days later there was a further price reduction. When I wandered into the store looking for a couple of nuts and bolts the clerk who sold it to us tracked me down and said they would refund the price diff. between what I paid and what it was now on sale for. Needless to say, they won a loyal customer that day! Mind you, the service is generally very good there anyway.

I,ll have to 2nd on HH.

Thier effort to give thier customers the best they can is above and beyond IMO. Always looking to satisfy. They dont have it on the floor, they go searching and see if they can bring it in. It,s amazing the products they can get and for the price.

If the sticker shows the low price they are legally bound to honor that price.

The time I'm talking about they over stocked the one shelf and put a few more on the lower shelf and didn't take the tag away for the item that should have been there. I needed the item either way but I thought I was getting a deal.

HH also has my vote.

Unreal good service.

This being a small town helps too. I know all the employees and they really will bend over backwards to please a customer.

Plus they give me an awesome sponsorship for my ice fishing derby. Scott(manager) basically lets me go through the store for anything I need or want within reason. I even snagged up 4 buddy heaters 3 years ago and thats pretty pricey.

They also give me jigs for free so thats pretty friggen awesome!

Now that the OP has gotten his rant in, maybe a little 'topic drift' is OK. :)

IMO, in going to big box stores such as H Depot for a lower price rather than a local hardware store for better service we are trading time for money. Many have taken too literally the old mantra 'time is money" Well, that's a lie! You can make more money but you can never, ever make more time! <_<:unsure:

FWIW the new TSC flyer I got today, has a Bolens 22inch 179cc two stage snow blower with electric start on sale for $549.99, sale starting tomorrow, actually a little better than the original one in this thread as that one was a single stage I believe. If anyone wants to take a chance on them having one when the doors open tomorrow.

FWIW the new TSC flyer I got today, has a Bolens 22inch 179cc two stage snow blower with electric start on sale for $549.99, sale starting tomorrow, actually a little better than the original one in this thread as that one was a single stage I believe. If anyone wants to take a chance on them having one when the doors open tomorrow.

Bolens are nice, my dad has had his for 7 years. My brother ended up breaking something on the chute mechanism one time while loading and it was fixed under warranty, though I see the one in the flyer only comes with 2 years... My dad's was probably 5 years old at the time..maybe they changed things

Bolens are nice, my dad has had his for 7 years. My brother ended up breaking something on the chute mechanism one time while loading and it was fixed under warranty, though I see the one in the flyer only comes with 2 years... My dad's was probably 5 years old at the time..maybe they changed things

They are mostly all made by MTD now, The logo in the TSC flyer is Bolens by MTD, my 8 year old Troybuilt is also a MTD, there are other Brands that are also MTD machines., Yardman comes to mind. MTD makes them to a certain price point and quality for others , their own Gold machines are top notch.