Recommendations on a Musky setup: Left hand baitcaster & 2 Piece rod?

PUMP KNOWS

last time I put my own braid on I ended up with a mess, I think I put it on to tight and the line ended up digging into itself and then caused casting problems.

I just get basspro to do it now, its free, you can even bring in your old spooled line, you dont even need to purchase line. They put the backing on as well. Never have problems when their machine does it.

if doing it yourself, it helps to have a helper. have them put the spool on a screwdriver, put work gloves on and apply pressure (not so much that you can't reel it in) to the spool while you point the rod at the person and fill the reel.

I use the Curado 301E regularly and love it. St Croix is always a safe bet, but if you want to keep the price low, Bass Pro musky rods are solid without breaking the bank. I've caught several tarpon my BPS musky rod and cast some fair size lures too.

My go to musky rods are from Tackle Industries, but I'm not sure if they have a 2 piece.

I have a curado which I do like...only problem is I troll sometimes and the lack of a clicker is a bit unfortunate. Was distracted while trolling with one of my sons last year when he says to me "Dad why is this real spinning"? Grrrr..turned around in time to see the rod buckled over drag peeling out...and then it was gone.