More Government Lies.... Fishing renewal related.

Canuck2fan

Can one make a citizens arrest on line? Why someone would brag about not buying a license is beyond me. I can admit to speeding but somehow not buying a license leaves a bad taste in my mouth. None of you guys had better complain about the lack of enforcement or funding for the fishery. The worse thing you can be called in Hamilton is a Goof. Them there are fightn' words. I'm disappointed in you 2. Why admit being a Goof is amazing to me. Mr. G, tell me it aint so. Mr. G, no, I respected you, and from me respect is something important and earned from me. This Gaspumper guy I'm not familiar with.

I don't see how difficult it can be to walk into a CTC or Home Hardware and buy a license. You are probably in there anyway. To blame the Gov. because you are having problems buying on line is silly. Yes it's a conspiracy, the Ministry makes it difficult just to annoy you. Come on Man!

Please tell me you guys are kidding. Please.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I no longer bother purchasing a license. It's less aggravating and less expensive not having one depending on how long you don't get caught. Never been asked for one so I'm pretty much ahead of the game.... :canadian:

This is rediculous but I admit it made me chuckle...

My wife doesnt buy a license either. EVER...

She is well known for catching her limit of rock bass and getting lost in the woods(20 meters from a road)

????

Edited by manitoubass2

I hate them...such crooks, a $6.00 plus HST service fee for doing absolutely nothing.

HST on licences...they are neither a good nor a service, they have no value other than keeping you out of jail if you get caught fishing.

A guy at work was in court today...it seemed to be game warden day. A guy there got stopped 50' from his cabin in a boat this summer...a blitz they call it...all his gear was fine except he only had a smart phone for a flashlight...CO says no good...gotta be waterproof. The guy says, its in a waterproof case guaranteed to 30'. Warden says no good...here's your $240.00 ticket...have a nice day.

Now its in court for the judge..CO gets a day off...and there was 4 of them there trying to talk people into just paying the cheap shot tickets.

Another guy, in a boat with the wife and 2 kids, all with life jackets on paddling around a little bay in front of their cabin. OMG, no tags on the kids jackets...$240.00 a piece buddy...what is this province coming to.

I called my MPP who was also consumer affairs minister at the time, 2 years ago to inform him of a serious billing error from union gas affecting thousands of people and putting money in unions pocket...sorry...I'm not going against the gas company

as an adder, I just heard Iraq was purchasing F-35's at $100 million each..if it wasn't for a gas plant cancellation Ontario could have 10 of them

Rant over..LOL

Edited by Dara

Do you need a new card?

I finally saw the extra $4.30 additional service fee, on top of whatever license and outdoor card we need to buy, the fee only shows up at the last page when we are about to enter our credit card info. We need to check the box, two pages before, that we agree to be charge this additional service fee, or else we cannot proceed to the final billing page.

I do not recall ever seeing this additional service charge in the past when applying on line.

Edited by bassfighter

The new service fee started a year or two ago. It is 2 bucks and change applied to EACH item you get. New card, cha-ching. New fishing licence, Cha-ching. Hunting licence, additional hunting tags, cha-ching. If you get a new licence each year you pay more than someone who gets the 3 year option since you pay the service fee each year for each item.

I finally saw the extra $4.30 additional service fee, on top of whatever license and outdoor card we need to buy, the fee only shows up at the last page when we are about to enter our credit card info. We need to check the box, two pages before, that we agree to be charge this additional service fee, or else we cannot proceed to the final billing page.

I do not recall ever seeing this additional service charge in the past when applying on line.

Buying my small game licence back in the 60's as a teen there was always an issuing fee, it was something like $1.00 for the licence and 15 cents issuing fee , was printed right on the license, nothing new , outlets don't sell licences for free.

I too am going to stop paying for a fishing license. 2019 is the last time I buy one, unless they change the law and they will.

I never pay the Gov. more than I need to, vehicle tag, fishing license, no way, never. Even if I pay 2 bucks more every year I am still ahead buying it 1 year at a time.

I never pay the Gov. more than I need to, vehicle tag, fishing license, no way, never. Even if I pay 2 bucks more every year I am still ahead buying it 1 year at a time.

I've never understood people bragging about how much income tax they are going to get back :wallbash: The bigger the balance I have outstanding after figuring it out the better and I wait till the last day to give it to them and not one red cent over what I possibly can avoid.

Edited by dave524

Exactly Dave. The only way some can save money is overpaying on their income tax. A very smart and rich man once told me a very successful person owes millions when he dies. Legacy is over rated.

Always better in my pocket than theirs. I don't want to go into a long accounting equation over 60 bucks but if I invest that and get my average ROI my last years license is less than 20 bucks paying 1 year at a time.

But don't you need to carry a paper license in addition to your card when you opt for a single year license? With a three year license, all you need is the card. That's worth paying up front to me.

Plus, if the price increases during those three years, I don't have to pay the new price.