Trailer Brake Question

Dan668

Have an enclosed Neo Trailer to haul my sleds, noticed the brakes appear to be barely or not working at all this year. Does this magnet look to be the culprit? Not sure whats considered worn for these. If not, they are Dexter Nev-R adjust brakes, looks like they will need adjusting or just a whole new assembly, only $30 more than the magnet itself.mms_20161205_180938_zps3ycnfyqs.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by dan668

Not even worth the effort to try and repair them, even the garages just throw the assembly away now and put on a complete new "loaded" backing plate, turn your drums and away you go.

Just did a quick search... $46 US for a complete assembly. 

http://www.easternmarine.com/nev-r-adjust-electric-brake-assembly-left-k23-458-00-0

Thats a pretty good price even with shipping on their self adjusting assemblies. 50 less total than any canadian site ive seen shipped to my door. Decided just to order all new assemblies, also stuck with the self adjusting over the standard assembly. Thanks!

Edited by dan668

US exchange is a killer nowadays

Yes it is, but the princess auto are standard assemblies which Cerka has for 48. Best i could find for self adjusting was also there for 82. From the usa it comes out to be 55 cad less for 4 assemblies after tax and conversion so that's what i went with. Im surprised they even sell parts for these when the whole assembly costs a few dollars more.