Ice fishing spots near Lindsay

NAW

I am going to be in Lindsay Dec 26 and 27.

Being the optimistic person that I am. I'm going to assume there will be some "safe" ice by then.

I'm obviously not looking for GPS coordinates or anything. But does anyone know what lakes might hold some Crappies? Or a good population of Blue Gills?

Once I figure out some potential lakes, I can take it from there. I've never fished out that way before.. But I was thinking of hitting up a spot or two on my way home to the Barrie area.

PM me if feel like sharing some info. Or if you want to join me!

I am going to be in Lindsay Dec 26 and 27.

Being the optimistic person that I am. I'm going to assume there will be some "safe" ice by then.

I'm obviously not looking for GPS coordinates or anything. But does anyone know what lakes might hold some Crappies? Or a good population of Blue Gills?

Once I figure out some potential lakes, I can take it from there. I've never fished out that way before.. But I was thinking of hitting up a spot or two on my way home to the Barrie area.

PM me if feel like sharing some info. Or if you want to join me!

Wouldn't it be great to get into ice fishing during the winter break!

Pm me closer to the date. Scugog is loaded with crappies and not far from Lindsay. You have lots of options if there is ice, but scugog will be your best bet for ice, and fish.

S.

I'm with sinker on this one for having hope to have safe ice then (and good fishing). Other lakes in the area the odds are you can still boat on if the temps don't drop.

Pm me closer to the date. Scugog is loaded with crappies and not far from Lindsay. You have lots of options if there is ice, but scugog will be your best bet for ice, and fish.

S.

Scugog sounds like fun.

I've never fished it before.

I'll definitely send you a message Sinker, sometime during the week prior.

Now all we need to do is cross our fingers, and wait :wallbash:

Lake Scugog by the causeway is fish sanctuary from Nov 16th to Dec 31st. The same goes for the Scugog river which runs between Lindsay and Lake Sturgeon. Pigeon River is also the same. There is a lot of fish sanctuary's in zone 17 from Nov 16th to Dec 31st.

Edited by Tjames09

I'm not going to invite a pile of people, because chances are that IF there is any ice at all, it certainly won't be "Safe".

But hey, if we get some good ice, and some good ice reports, maybe we can do a little G2G on the gog Dec 27th.

I'm sure a few people would be interested!

^^ It would be good to see Ya again! ^^

I noticed your sisters place went up for sale.

On to better things I hope! Although that would be tough, that was an amazing home!

Oh my ex-wife's sister's place... Yeah that was/is a VERY nice house! (by Little Lake there Brian B ;)) Check PM shortly Nick

I'd be in for a G2G and some crappies if the ice is safe or just a G2G if the ice isn't safe. I could even put on a big pot of chicken stew with dumplings (or something similar) if you wanted to use our place as a starting/finishing point. Overnight temps for the next two weeks looking very promising, lots of well below normal temperatures.

Lake Scugog by the causeway is fish sanctuary from Nov 16th to Dec 31st. The same goes for the Scugog river which runs between Lindsay and Lake Sturgeon. Pigeon River is also the same. There is a lot of fish sanctuary's in zone 17 from Nov 16th to Dec 31st.

I always wonder why. Could you please explain this to me and others who are also wondering WHY.......these fish are not spawning now, yet this sanctuary is in effect for what reason ? ? ?

I'm not going to invite a pile of people, because chances are that IF there is any ice at all, it certainly won't be "Safe".

But hey, if we get some good ice, and some good ice reports, maybe we can do a little G2G on the gog Dec 27th.

I'm sure a few people would be interested!

I'll be there. Let me know what the plan is when we get closer to the date. :)

I always wonder why. Could you please explain this to me and others who are also wondering WHY.......these fish are not spawning now, yet this sanctuary is in effect for what reason ? ? ?

I've been living here (Lindsay) for 3 years now and the ice from the lock in town to Sturgeon Lake is never the best so might as well close it for safety. Yes it will freeze over but due to the constant flow under the ice I'd never try and walk on it even if it was open there.