Bathroom Reno - NF

FLEX ROD

I have two bathrooms that are in the process of being gutted and I need to find vanaties for them, all of the ones that I have found are crazy prices and I am hoping that some one can give me a lead on where to find some that are decent and at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advace - FLEX - John

Most of the time you really do pay extra for quality. That being said, vanities from big box stores like Home Depot or Lowes can last a while if you take care of them ( dry them if they get wet, pretty much baby them ). A bit of leg work and you could find a nice used one or something on clearance, even in the custom bathroom shops, happy hunting.

I just built 10' of cabinets with 16' of counter top

Lower cabinets only.

It took me 3 weeks of evenings in my shop and materials were $1,700.00

They aren't the greatest cabinets but acceptable

Try a small custom cabinet shop.

You may not get cheap but you will get quality.

Don't cheap out on drawer slides or hinges

Check Bryans farm supply they have a home renovations auction as we speak... Online too. Not sure if they have vanities or not though... they usually do auction ends tomorrow Start at page 26 in the home renovation auction (ring 3) and go from there

http://bryansfarm.c om/online-home-reno-auction.html

Edited by tb4me

I know this is used stuff but check out Habitat for Humanity?

When I put together an outside kitchen on my covered deck; I found solid oak upper cabinets that looked all but new. I paid $300. for 11' of cabinets.

Dan.

I got 2 brand new vanities at the Re-Store in Oshawa , must have been donated by HD or Rona, ugly colour but we painted them, they had about 9 and they sold out in 2 days, cost me $400 for 2 , no tax, quartz top. Only problem is that you never know what stuff they are going to have so you would need to go and check a few times a week.

I did a quick check on kijiji when I did my basement bathroom, needed an offset to the left and I ended up getting the top with a Moen faucet, and sink for $75 and I got the base cabinet for $200 off kijiji as well, it was oak so I picked up some paint, sanded it down and painted it

I'm a contractor and get most of my vanities from Home Hardware stores. They get them from Rock Solid cabinets.

Very well built and finished. Real plywood boxes and sturdy. Worth checking them out.

Plywood is best.

Water destroys particle board or MDF.

I cover any exposed particle board or MDF with silicone caulk to protect from water.

Check Bryans farm supply they have a home renovations auction as we speak... Online too. Not sure if they have vanities or not though... they usually do auction ends tomorrow Start at page 26 in the home renovation auction (ring 3) and go from there

http://bryansfarm.c om/online-home-reno-auction.html

Once again thank you all for the feed back, tb4me, this is great I will look at this more closely especially since I will be building a new house next year.

Many thanks - FLEX- John