Gloucester Pool/Little Lake - Guide recommendation?

MSBruno

I know a few guys on this board who fish the lake quite a bit.

But they don't post much any more.

I've fished there are a few times.

Just head out on a weekend when there's a bass tournament. The lake gets completely packed with bass boats.. Follow them around.. Most of them know where the fish are!

I don't have a specific guide to recommend.

Edited by N.A.W

I fish the east end (near Big Chute ) a lot of times in the summer. Look for my reports. Good bass (LM and SM) and ok pike fishing (numbers) There is current, cover, rocks, weeds, drops offs etc. so adjust tackle accordingly. Senkos, topwaters, Spinnerbaits and drop shots have all been productive. Just try to avoid the summer weekends as LOTS of boat traffic headed out to the lock. I don't know of any guides for that lake. I'd be interested too for new spots. I've heard of guys hooking into walleye and muskie as well, but I've not had great success for those species.

Purchased a cottage on the pool and was looking for a head start ... maybe take a guide 3 times (spring, summer and fall) to give me a good base of knowledge

Any recommendation?

Congrats on the new place. Looking for same kinda info, gf's dad bought a place on MacLean. I haven't any luck with the guide searches for that area.

Edited by Musky Plug

I've spent most of the day on Sparrow and Simcoe ... hopefully put my years of knowledge to work on GPool and Little Lake...but still looking for assistance to give me a good start. Nothing beats a day or two on the water with someone who has first hand successful knowledge of the lake and the patterns.